Re: Data Center info gathering thread.

by MuntedHitman

Original Post

Data Center info gathering thread.

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi, we're seeing some players reporting that they appear to be assigned to an incorrect data center, experiencing high in-game latency, and who are reporting players from other regions in their games, so we'd like to gather the following info.

• If possible please take a screenshot showing what datacenter you are being put in and if this is different than the one you normally play in, let us know what datacenter you think you should put in.

• Ping info - where are you getting your ping info from?

• For those that are seeing folks from other regions in their games, are they just regular players or spammers? How do you know they are from other regions

To view your Data center:

Idle on the main title screen for about 1-2 minutes, then open and close the accessibility options menu, and the Data Center option should appear. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 1 of 68 (9,064 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hi,

I checked quite a few data centers and i also tried switching. I cannot really tell you the true location of the data centers. All i know, is that the 200+ ping was observable regardless of the data center i chose. I intentionally chose one overseas (Iowa), and there was no change in the connection whatsoever. The IP addresses that i am connected to are not pingable for obvious reasons, so all i can give you are a couple of screenshots taken from the performance monitor in Windows. I named the files according to which data center i used according to the selection in the client. Whether that was the right address or not, is up to you to figure out.

I also have a thread with more log files, traces with UOtrace and some other stuff. If you need anything else, other logs, tests, whatever... I'm here.

I live in Bulgaria, so the closest servers to me are Frankfurt or Amsterdam probably. All the AWS servers appear to be somewhere in the US, which is obviously not the case but every IP address points there according to the whois lookup.

My default data center at first was Frankfurt 2. I made a couple of notes and noted down some IP addresses that often appeared in my connections:

Frankfurt 2 (default at first try) - 52.40.234.12 - 52.218.219.91
Frankfurt 1 - 54.244.8.6
London - 54.201.165.31
Belgium GCE1 - 35.171.250.136 - 52.40.91.190
Iowa GCE1 - 52.40.91.190 - 54.213.201.0
Amsterdam (default after some tries) - 54.70.84.62-  54.72.198.166 (got dc after 3-4 minutes) -  - 54.40.91.190 (same as Belgium?)

52.34.185.3 - ? (This disconnects about 2 minutes of logging in, only connected as long as i'm on the screen where i have to click to proceed)
52.89.254.183 - ? (This also often appears but its usually disconnected shortly afterwards)

54.244.8.6 (Appeared while connected to Amsterdam as well as Frankfurt 1, also stayed connected while playtesting on Amsterdam)

I tried to figure out what each IP does, but i decided to leave that to your engineers. They know what they are doing and i have no clue lol :D

Regards,

Shred

Message 2 of 68 (8,860 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_David It doesn't tell me what data centre I have been using but I need to use the London one as its the one I am closest to.
They are just normal players I was getting put with.
Message 3 of 68 (8,945 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@EA_David wrote:

Hi, we're seeing some players reporting that they appear to be assigned to an incorrect data center, experiencing high in-game latency, and who are reporting players from other regions in their games, so we'd like to gather the following info.

• If possible please take a screenshot showing what datacenter you are being put in and if this is different than the one you normally play in, let us know what datacenter you think you should put in.

• For those that are seeing folks from other regions in their games, are they just regular players or spammers? How do you know they are from other regions

On console idle on main title screen for 1-2 minutes and the option to view Data Center should appear. On PC, idle for about 1-2 minutes, then open and close the accessibility options menu, and the Data Center option should appear. 

David, is lag on all servers, players are skipping left and right, no regs, input lag, frame drops, I never seen this game working so bad like now! I play on London it says 25 ping 0 packet loss ( still shows me the red packet loss icon when I join the game ) when I spectate people they are skipping like teleporting (same in game while playing) I have all ports open, 500 mb/s internet connection, uotrace looks fine ! also a lot of connection time out while when I q with friends (all the squad gets connection time out in same time)! 

Message 4 of 68 (8,922 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@Sp4ceb4lls wrote:

@EA_David wrote:

On console idle on main title screen for 1-2 minutes and the option to view Data Center should appear. On PC, idle for about 1-2 minutes, then open and close the accessibility options menu, and the Data Center option should appear. 

David, is lag on all servers, players are skipping left and right, no regs, input lag, frame drops, I never seen this game working so bad like now! I play on London it says 25 ping 0 packet loss ( still shows me the red packet loss icon when I join the game ) when I spectate people they are skipping like teleporting (same in game while playing) I have all ports open, 500 mb/s internet connection, uotrace looks fine ! also a lot of connection time out while when I q with friends (all the squad gets connection time out in same time)! 

@EA_David 

In the past, the server chosen for you used to be highlighted when you first open the Data centre. Now, it is not. Once you choose one, it should now be highlighted. So on your end, your auto select server by region is off. Someone needs to turn it back on. Children these days! :eahigh_file:

I'm not a spammer. I live in China. First match yesterday, I was connected to a

server in N/A

Heart

Message 5 of 68 (8,907 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@jumanjaydazed I think sometimes it's bugged so if you scroll up and down 2-3 times then it appears. For me it highlights the first Salt lake City with 200+ping. Now i'm trying London with 100.
Message 6 of 68 (8,890 Views)

★★ Expert

@SpyrosFPS 

Exactly..it's bugged!

Good luck

Heart

Message 7 of 68 (8,888 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@EA I REPOTED 10+ SAMMPERS this week,THEY PROMOTING Apex Cheats & websites & and they leave the game , I think Too meny Bots in Asia Singapore Servers

Message 8 of 68 (8,848 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hi mate

I just wanted to point out that ever since the hunter event, we Aussies have seen so many Americans and Canadians team up with us.  Not sure if this is known or purposefully done but I'm pretty sure it would be inevitable that there be serious lag when merging servers from opposite sides of the world lol.  Especially when Sydney's ping is 26 from my location (Gold Coast, Queensland Australia) and USA was in the hundreds lol.

As far as I could see I was in the one of the Sydney servers, I even attempted to swap between the other Sydney "GC" servers.

Now, the ability to see the servers in the first screen of opening the game seems to be gone for me.

I used to be able to click the right thumbstick to get to it. After a previous update I would have to click the start button and then click the right thumbstick.

But now after the patch this morning, I cannot get it at all, as the only options that come up are "switch profile" and "accessibility options".

Also the American players we run into don't seem to be aware of the fact that they have merged with Aussies, as far as they know, they are on the American servers, and as far as we know, we are on the Sydney Servers.

Hope this helps you guys out

Message 9 of 68 (8,767 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

So as of your legendary hunt patch i get nothing but lag / packet loss / server lockups/ very high pings ?? all is fine my end.

Now i see whats been doing this lol.

Location for me is UK.

Tonight i started the game and logged my connection info to your game servers

and so on, from a lookup it seems like its routing me to the US :-) so i changed my data centre to UK and got the same thing.

Looks like your routing players to the incorrect region no mater if we pick are data centre.

Message 10 of 68 (8,744 Views)