Demand official response to Device Hung Error

by GalliumDeath

Original Post

DXGI errors on RTX cards (explained)

★★ Novice

After countless crashes and penalties, I decided to figure out what's going with the game. Turns out all of my DXGI errors come from in-game VSYNC handling. If you have a high refresh rate monitor and set VSYNC to off in-game it will lock your fps to your monitor refresh rate (THAT IS NOT VSYNC OFF RESPAWN HELLO?). When you enable GSYNC or FREESYNC with VSYNC turned off in-game you will get DXGI errors if your fps more then 144 that's how they coded the game. To disable build-in sync in you have to set your VSYNC to adaptive that will unlock fps to 300, but even then the game will spill out DXGI errors if you stay near 300 fps for too long. SOLUTION is to set VSYNC to ADAPTIVE and limit your fps to 235 (or whatever number below your monitor refresh rate) if you want to play with GSYNC or FREESYNC without crashes. It took me a day of trial and error to figure out why my 2080 ti crashes randomly all the time. If it didn't solve your crashes 99% that it's your CPU, RAM overclock slightly unstable.

Message 1 of 25 (6,374 Views)

Game Crash during the middle of a game (0x887A0006)

★★★ Newbie

Hello everyone,

I've been having this crash issue for a while, was thinking it was caused by having Discord open while playing Apex, but having since turned it off for the most recent times i've played. Im still getting errror messages. 

This is one i got recently, when I crashed during the final moments of a match. 

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers.

Message 2 of 25 (6,362 Views)

Error code 0x887A0006 Every other game!!

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello!! I am getting The Engine Error code 0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG almost every other game in Apex Legends. I have a brand new computer that I just built that is well beyond what the game even recommends to play. I have all of my drivers up to date, I tried repairing the game files, launched the application as an administrator, everything. It continuously keeps giving this crash report and has costed me so much RP at this point that I'm getting quite upset. I'm also starting to fear that I'm going to get banned/suspended because it has happened so many times even though when I open the game again it says it was forgiven. Please Help!!!

Edit: I did uninstall and reinstall the game and it didn't help.

Message 3 of 25 (6,363 Views)

Engine Error - 0x887A0006 DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

★★★★ Novice

Ive been getting this error allot

Engine error- 0x887A006 DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG "The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is an design-time issue that should be investigated and fixed."

Out of 10 games i crash maybe 6-7 times, and ontop of that now i also get abandon game punishment points so i get -72 per game i disconnect due this coding error.

Is their no way to fix this?

at this point i have give up on playing apex and move on to other games since i dont wanna play get loot and crash 70% of time and get punished for it.

Message 4 of 25 (6,375 Views)

Demand official response to Device Hung Error

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

This is getting out of hand. I've read every post there is on this forum and Reddit with no fix. I've even suggested my own that fix that will get things working for days and sometimes only for one game. All I see is "helpful" EA admins trying to suggests the reinstall of drivers and the repair of the game. NOTHING WORKS. And for you to keep suggesting that this issue is driver based is down right a lie. If the same issue is happening on NVIDIA cards as its happening on ATI cards we can only narrow it down to one thing Either windows or YOUR GAME! And lets be honest Apex has had a million problems since launch, so I doubt its windows. So please lets just come clean and say "Hey everyone we don't know whats causing OUR game to crash your systems but we will work on it and bring you updates." And Pin the post!!! Nothing pisses off a gaming community more than zero communication from a developer on a serious issue. I would be embarrassed to say how much I have spent on this game and to have a game breaking issues that prevents me from playing at all... is devastating.

Message 5 of 25 (6,389 Views)

Re: Demand official response to Device Hung Error

★ Guide
@GalliumDeath what are your specs? cpu, gpu and ram and their freqs
Message 6 of 25 (6,360 Views)

Re: Demand official response to Device Hung Error

★ Guide

I have this problem too. My spec is:

1) GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB (stock freq)

2) CPU: Intel i9-9900K (stock freq)

3) RAM: 32 GB (3200 MHz)

Previously (season 3) I was using ASUS ROG STRIX 2080 RTX Gaming 8GB and had the same problem. DXGI errors do not occur very often, but at least once per 10 games. Never in the lobby. Most often it happens:

1) immediately after jump from the drop ship

2) during the gun fight

3) sporadically just during the game without any intense graphical effects

Message 7 of 25 (6,348 Views)

0x887A006  DXGI error?

★★ Newbie

0x887A006  DXGI error?

Message 8 of 25 (6,306 Views)

0x887a0006 crash then banned

★ Novice

Throughout season 4 everyday I would get the 0x887a0006 crash during games but when I opened my game again it wouldn't ban me and would give me the ranked points or take away the rank points as if my game didn't crash, but now i am getting banned and receiving ban point penalties in ranked even though it is crashing from the same error as before.

Message 9 of 25 (6,371 Views)

Re: 0x887a0006 crash then banned

★ Novice

DxDiag

Message 10 of 25 (6,336 Views)