DXGI error and game freezing - help!?

by ScoobyDeeBeeBop

Original Post

DXGI error and game freezing - help!?

★★★ Newbie

My game has been acting strangely the last 2 or 3 weeks... 

I've been getting the dxgi error device hung error.  Occasionally the game freezes entirely (no error) and I have to reboot.  Having googled that it appears that was a common problem earlier this year.  I've also noticed that when I hit 4 to regen shields or pick health (the sub screen that comes up at the point with those options) the shield/health graphics are distorted.  Everything else looks ok - just when I bring those up.

Everything was working fine until ( again - I think) that patch was applied.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling video drivers.  I've downgraded the video drivers a few versions to when I am sure there was no issue.  Neither helped.

The game doesn't seem to be generating the apex_crash.txt file I've read it's supposed to generate either... 

I've got a NVidia 2080 Ti card.  Honestly haven't noticed other problems but, at the same time - I usually only login to play Apex.  

Any ideas (or anyone else experiencing these issues)??  Any help/insight is appreciated.

Message 1 of 2 (193 Views)

Re: DXGI error and game freezing - help!?

★★★ Newbie

Got this as well, have not been able to play for a month or two. I think it was after I updated the drivers so I guess downgrading them a couple of months will fix it but then you won't have all the security patches. I don't know, the a big thread about this and EA don't wont make any comments on it.

Message 2 of 2 (179 Views)