Re: Apex crashes engine error

by deeejazzy

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry 

After a fresh install of windows, i'm still getting crashes and artifacts. Maybe it is my GPU failing after all. Should i try to replace it, do you think.?

Message 21 of 32 (994 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I was also getting the artifacting, but since that started around the time they were hyping the crypto release, I thought it was planned "hacking" lol. 

I spent like 72 hours trying solutions w/ NVIDIA support and ended up sending in my card RMA.  I sent it in 10/7 from NY to CA and am getting my new GPU 10/22. I'll let you know if the new one works.

Message 22 of 32 (985 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@EA_BlueberryHello, I have a problem with full-screen mode in Apex (as well as in few other games) for a long time, about an year, so I don't remember exactly what I've done. When I set the mode to full-screen in Apex in options, screen turns to black and I can't see anything(even if alt+Tab), then I press Esc and game window closes with some error window (appears just for a moment). The most frequent error is "CreateTexture2D Failed to create..."(attached screenshots), but there was also "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED". I've tried almost all of the solutions in threads linked with my problem, but still no result. sfc/ scannow didn't find any issues, reinstalling origin with registry tool in CCleaner didn't help, adding or removing key TdrLevel too. Also attached DxDiag file. What can I do with that? I'll be really happy if you can help me! Standard smile

Message 23 of 32 (967 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I did an RMA of my RTX 2070 Super and after installing the new GPU today, I have no issues. I played about 20 minutes of Apex with no crashes. 

Message 24 of 32 (2,231 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@deeejazzy 

I ended up doing the same. Send my GPU back 2 days ago. Should received the new one shortly. Hopefully, it will solve my problems.

Message 25 of 32 (888 Views)

Community Manager

@shreeds 

Keep us updated. Thumbs up

Blueberry.png
Message 26 of 32 (868 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem here DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED every after 10-15 minutes play ..

I attach the DxDiag of mine.

No overclock or anything, just the default value.

Message 27 of 32 (828 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry 

@deeejazzy 

Hi! I did RMA my 2080. I received it eventually and now everything seems to be working fine! I played a dozen games without any issues.

So it might have been a faulty GPU after all. Bad memory or something.

Thanks for the help!

Message 28 of 32 (743 Views)

Community Manager

@deeejazzy  @shreeds 

Thank you for coming back with the results. Sorry to hear about what you had to go through but it's nice knowing you eventually got it fixed with a replacement.

See you in World's Edge! 

Blueberry.png
Message 29 of 32 (718 Views)

★ Apprentice

Do you tell random solution ?

How explain that : Fornite, PUBG, CS go hasn't the same problem.

The only soution to find is in APEX code, not in drivers or windows update or anything else.

How many ppl work on this issue in EA team pls ?

Message 30 of 32 (608 Views)