Re: DXGI and Answers HQ Error

by deeejazzy

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

@Zeelmaekers 

Thanks, tried it out but Apex still crashed after about 5 minutes in training. Still the Device_removed error.  

I'm pretty disappointed that it's not working considering I bought season pass 2 and was close to getting platinum... I can't even play!

Message 11 of 32 (1,384 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So i found another possible solution on the internet, putting max fps to 60 in the launch options. besides the game looking like cr@p, it still crashed... this time new error.  CreateShaderResrouceView failed in Gfx_TextureAsset_ResizeAndCopy on '(no debug name)' with HRESULT 0x887a0005

Message 12 of 32 (1,380 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So the game was working a few drivers ago, so I downloaded a historical driver from August where I'm certain the game worked. I did a DDU clean, and then a clean install of just the driver and the phys engine, installing version 26.21.14.3602 (8/15/2019) and still got the error. I tried running Doom earlier with the reg edit and it ended up crashing... but Magic Online doesn't. I'm pretty disappointed since this GPU is brand new and the new 2070 super is just the old 2080 basically... so it's an established vendor and unit, and shouldn't be having these issues.

Message 13 of 32 (1,360 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Tried a few more things, still getting the error. I tried rolling back some windows updates to before 9/12 when the issue wasn't happening. But the DXGI bug was still there. I just did a fresh install of windows since all the mods i was doing got me worried, but on fresh install and new drivers and everything- i'm still getting the issue. 

Message 14 of 32 (1,317 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Tried reseating the gpu in the pcie slot, which didn't help. tried in the other pcie slot but the pc wouldn't boot.

Message 15 of 32 (1,278 Views)

Apex crashes engine error

★★★★★ Novice

hi!

I just build my new rig a week ago:

rtx2080 rog strix non OC
ryzen 3700x
16go ddr4 3200
psu 650w platinum

win10 pro 1903 build

i'm playing in 1440p 144fps

Everything went fine, except for when i started playing apex:

I get weird artifacts and crashes like

"dxgi error device removed" or "createTexture2d failed"

those crashes occure quickly in the first or second game i play.

I have one other game installed so far, RE2 remake, everything works fine with it.

Everything is up to date:

Last Bios update: check

Mobo: last drivers installed

win10 up to date

GPU: first had the latest driver installed 436.48, but then change it with the nvidia hotfix one 436.51.

I did a clean install of these drivers with DDU.

I deactivated geforce experience overlay in game

My temps are fine, even put my gpu under stress with OCCT, no issues detected.

tried a number of other things, like capping my max fps to 143, deactivate origin overlay in game, change the graphics settings to low, change the power settings to performance.

tried everything on this thread, except for the directX repair (should i go for it?)

I have no idea what s going on, or what to do?

I anyone could help me that would be great

thanks

Please find attached screenshots of the artifacts and a dxdiag report

Message 16 of 32 (1,312 Views)

Re: Apex crashes engine error

Community Manager

@shreeds 

I see GameManagerService.exe in your Windows Error Reports, can you try uninstalling your Razer Synapse software to see that helps prevent this from crashing?

Sourcehttps://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Season-3-Zeel-s-Troubleshooting-in-depth-Guide/m-p/832694...

Blueberry.png
Message 17 of 32 (1,288 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

hi @EA_Blueberry 

Thanks for the reply!

That almost solved my problem. i managed to play a few games crash free, but still had those weird artefacts.

never thought about that razer synapse software.

I tried to rollback to the previous nvidia drivers, see if it made any difference regarding the artefacts (436.48)

It did make a difference. I don t have any artifacts anymore.

I manage to play for another hour and half or so without issues.

But now the crashes came back.

two in a row. one device removed, and another one without error message

Message 18 of 32 (1,276 Views)

Community Manager

@shreeds 

Moved your post to another related one.

Do you get rid of the crashes from the solutions in these two threads:

1. Turn down Texture Detail
  2. Adjusting Page File
Blueberry.png
Message 19 of 32 (1,232 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@deeejazzy 

Hi! I am having the exact sames crashes as yours, got a 3700x as well but with a 2080.

Did you manage to solve your problem since then?

I have been struggling with this for a week now. I'm going to do a fresh new install of windows, see if it helps.

I ll keep you posted

Message 20 of 32 (1,221 Views)