DXGI and Answers HQ Error

by deeejazzy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DXGI and Answers HQ Error

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'm getting DXGI_Error_Device_removed. Internet search said roll back drivers... when I did that I got error: createtexture2d failed.

So I updated drivers back to current and am getting the DXGI_Error_Device_removed again.  I saw some others are posting about an error device hung, but that's not what I'm getting.

I'm running:

AMD 3700x

Geforce RTX 2700 Super Founder's Edition

Driver Version 436.30, 9/10/2019

ALSO, when I searched in EA's Answers HQ Search bar, I put in DXGI, refined the search to last month, and it auto-changed the search query to "dig" and the search results came back on "digging zombies" or something like that. So advanced, recent searches on DXGI could not be done.

Message 1 of 32 (1,841 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Apex crashes engine error

★★★★ Novice

I did an RMA of my RTX 2070 Super and after installing the new GPU today, I have no issues. I played about 20 minutes of Apex with no crashes. 

View in thread

Message 24 of 32 (2,227 Views)

All Replies

Re: DXGI and Answers HQ Error

@deeejazzy  I can't say anything about the AHQ search function, since I never use it.  You might have more luck using google though, and specifying answers.ea.com in your search.

As for the issue itself, you're getting GPU driver timeouts, among other things.  Since you've already tried rolling back and updating again, a clean install is the best option at this point.  Here's how to do it:

First, download Display Driver Uninstaller from here:

https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1750

You can download a fresh driver here:

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/151275/en-us

Next, take your computer completely offline—disable wifi and/or pull the ethernet cord—and double-click the DDU.exe.  Take note of where the file will land, and click Extract.  If it's easier, you can copy the path and then paste it into the address bar in a File Explorer window.  Open the folder and then Display Driver Uninstaller.exe, and you'll get a message that you're not in Safe Mode.  Click OK, then go to Options and enable Safe Mode dialog.  Here's a screenshot of what your options should look like:

DDU save.png

Close options, and the DDU, and then open the DDU.exe again.  For launch options, choose "Safe Mode (Recommended)," and then click Reboot to Safe Mode (you'll need your password, so find it before rebooting).  Once you login, you'll see this:

DDU GPU.png

Choose GPU in the dropdown menu (step one), then Nvidia (step 2) if it's not already showing.  Then click Clean and Restart (step 3).

Once your computer has rebooted, now back in normal mode, run the driver install .exe in custom mode. Select "perform a clean installation" and install ONLY the GPU driver and the PHYSX software.

Reboot again and see whether you can launch the game.  If not, try a couple of times, then run another dxdiag.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 32 (1,823 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict  @EA_Blueberry 

Thanks for the reply and clear instructions. I followed along as you said, booting into safe mode, clearing the drivers, re-installing the drivers and PhysX only and rebooting. As soon as the game launches into the skydiving part, it crashes immediately.  This time, createtexture2d error- see attached.

Message 3 of 32 (1,758 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Freaking this forum is deleting my posts when i try to add a new dxdiag...

(4th time) @puzzlezaddict I followed your instructions to the T but am now getting this error: CreateTexture2D failed for Gfx_TextureAset_ResizeAndCopy

@EA_Blueberry was following too.

Message 4 of 32 (1,758 Views)

@deeejazzy  I see all, or maybe most of, your posts now.  The spam filter can eat legitimate posts too, sometimes because of too many edits, and sometimes for no apparent reason.  The posts usually show up sooner or later though.

At any rate, since it now sounds like you're only playing Apex, I've moved this thread to the Apex tech section.  Since I've never played the game, I'm not sure I can help with the error.  I will say that your more recent dxdiag doesn't list any new errors, just the same ones as before.  So at least you haven't had any more LiveKernelEvents.  Hopefully that means that your GPU driver at least is running correctly, even if you're still getting game errors.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 32 (1,749 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hey @deeejazzy 

*POOF* A Apex Techwizard has appeared

Can you try to uninstall Origin and do a Registry Clean with CCleaner.

After that you can install Origin again and launch apex Legends
Make sure the game launches with your 2070 super.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 6 of 32 (1,713 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Zeelmaekers "make sure the game launches with your 2070 super"

I'm not sure what you mean by launching with the gpu. Can you please clarify?
Message 7 of 32 (1,705 Views)

Hey @deeejazzy 

Never mind, i thought the AMD Ryzen 7 3700X had intregrated graphics but it hasn't, my bad.
Have you tried the Registry clean already ?

Message 8 of 32 (1,697 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Zeelmaekers Uninstalled origin, did CCleaner registry clean, and re-installed origin. The error is back to being DXGI_Error_Device_removed now.
Message 9 of 32 (1,690 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hey @deeejazzy 

I found something involving making changes in the registry.
I will leave a youtube link below as i'm not really familiar with registry changes.

Youtube - DXGI_Error_Device_removed

Message 10 of 32 (1,623 Views)