Re: DXGI Error Device Hung & Rest

by Bensikrac

Original Post

★ Novice

Sorry if I am replying late. I only found about this issue because it happened to me aswell. The problem is, that due to some reason enabling hardware accelerated GPU scheduling breaks something, which caused the crashes. I also got random freezes, with DXGI Error, where it almost froze my system (Sound hang). In event viewer it stated that the NVIDIA display driver hung but recovered. So I searched if others have the problem, and you seem to have it enabled as seen here by your dxdiag.txt-s

DxDiag Hardware Accelerated GPU scheduling on

Here is my Dxdiag without it:

Hardware accelerated GPU scheduling off

The reason, that windows 11 doesn't help, is that it is enabled there by default.

Hope this reply isn't too late, only wanted to help, if you still haven't figured it out yet.

Since I did some research about it, and they stated that it caused crashes in other games aswell, I suspected it first, since I only turned it on recently.

I have played 5 games in a row without freezes with it disabled, so hopefully it is the correct fix.

Message 21 of 29 (1,739 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have started receiving the Device Reset error ever since the new update, I have tried everything i have found on this Forum and many others over the last few days. Sometimes i will get it before the game even fully opens and sometimes during a game. Literally cannot play the game because of this.

Message 22 of 29 (1,702 Views)

★ Apprentice

I made a thread about DXGI errors yesterday:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Possible-fix-to-DXGI-errors-here-s-what-works-for-me/m-p/...

Still no crash today Standard smile

Message 23 of 29 (1,684 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

So today it still happened without hardware accelerated GPU scheduling, but it only happened once till now. I will now test limiting the FPS, to see if it changes anything.

Message 24 of 29 (1,666 Views)

★ Novice

When I go into settings to disable this, it says its already disabled. Is it likely to be anything else?

Message 25 of 29 (1,321 Views)

★ Novice

Does your solution still work?

Message 26 of 29 (1,309 Views)

★ Novice

I don't really know, I didn't play apex for a long time.

All I can say, that I had problems with other games too, hanging and freezing, until I tightened my cpu cooler. IDK if that was the issue, that there was a bad contact or something, but it seems to run fine now. Also in my case to have no problems with OBS and HAGS, you need to turn HAGS off. (Entire screen hangs on quitting game, audio still works, needs hard reboot) You could try reseating your GPU first, if it occurs often. Also clearing DirectX cache seems to help maybe (IDK how to do it, google it). Clean Reinstalling GPU drivers (DDU (display driver uninstaller)) should maybe help.

Message 27 of 29 (1,301 Views)

★★★ Novice

I made a fix for the issue here: https://youtu.be/BgGWJauS8fs

Message 28 of 29 (799 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Carma1115  I think this issue is going on with all of their games (EA). I am able to play everything and anything else but battlefield 2042 or Dead space. I recently upgraded to a i9-12900k, 32gb of DDR4 ramm, and a Nvidia Geforce RTX 4070 Ti. I cant stay in a game longer than 5 mins. I have also have tried every fix recommended under the sun and no success. Also did you ever find a fix ? 

Message 29 of 29 (362 Views)