DXGI Error Device Hung Fix

by GalliumDeath

Original Post

Re: DXGI Error Device Hung Fix

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you GalliumDeath for the post,

Your solution have worked for me sofar.

I downloaded DDU, unplugged my wifi stick, ran the recommended option in DDU. And when the computer booted up, I plugged my wifi stick back in and just let Windows Update do its thing and it downloaded some NVIDIA drivers for my GTX 1070 and then I went to play atleast 10-15 games and it never crashed once. Before, it used to crash when I was in menu, and usually after a minute in-game which was incredibly annoying.

I will edit this post if the bug resurfaces, else, you can assume it's still working fine for me.

I'm running Win10, i5 3570K, GTX 1070

Thanks again.

Regards,

pichaqu

Message 11 of 14 (1,951 Views)

★ Novice

Hey, For those who tried to update their graphic drivers but it didn't work:

I also have this issue since I reinstalled windows 10 a few days ago...

I tried to reinstall my graphic drivers with DDU several times with different drivers but to no avail.

So with GPU-Z I checked what was happening with my GPU (GTX1070 EVGA) during the crashes and I saw that my GPU would reach 100% load at the moment it crashes (before the crash it is at around 98% load) 

So I downloaded an "overclocking" GPU software (EVGA Precision) and set the clock to -50 and no more crashes in Apex. 

Basically, I had to underclock my GPU to avoid the problems. I haven't tested that for a long period but when I tried it worked consistently for several minutes and when I would reset the GPU clock to its default value it would crash almost right away.

Hope this can also help others.

Message 12 of 14 (1,071 Views)

★★★ Newbie

!!! I wanted to share the solution that has worked for me !!! - I stopped getting the dxgi error device hung after capping my frame rate for apex legends (5 frames BELOW what my monitor was rated for). I'm not certain if this is a permanent fix as I've only played about 15-20 games without crashes. Prior to this fix, I was crashing almost every game with the Dxgi hung error.

I capped the frames within the NVIDIA Control Panel and it has helped so far! I recommend trying this!

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU: MSI RTX2070 Super
Motherboard: ASrock x570 Steel Legend
RAM: GSkill 16GB 2x8 D4 3600
PSU: IPSG 750W 80+ ATX

Message 13 of 14 (577 Views)

Champion

Hey all, do make sure to boot up your PC in safe mode when using DDU, otherwise remnants of older drivers might still persist/ other applications interfere.

This is why unplugging certain devices or turning off certain services/applications might resolve the issue too.

Message 14 of 14 (562 Views)