DXGI Error Device Hung Fix

by GalliumDeath

Original Post

DXGI Error Device Hung Fix

★★★ Apprentice

If you are getting the device hung error I was too. Hopefully this fix works for you because it worked for me. My game is now stable with the latest patch of season 4.

Go and download a program called DDU – Display Driver Uninstaller. https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html Download the latest driver for your video card as well so it is ready to go. Run DDU and I recommend just using the standard settings. This program not only uninstalls your video drivers but subsequently all associated files with said driver that are normally not uninstalled. It goes way further than just uninstalling your video drivers yourself. After removing your drivers and files restart your computer. Install your newly downloaded video drivers. Then restart your computer again and play a few games in Apex.

I hope this solved your problem as it fixed mine. I have a Ryzen 7 3800x with and 2080ti. My friend was smart enough to suggest this to me. So far I have 5 stable games in a row, as before I was crashing in my first game of the day or second game consistently since patch.

Message 1 of 14 (18,598 Views)

Re: DXGI Error Device Hung Fix

★★★ Apprentice

I am surprised none of the people getting this error have tried my fix or have responded to this post. Just and update... As of now I have played all night, many hours with no device hung error crash. Completely stable.

Message 2 of 14 (18,557 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

There is a faster and more reliable way to fix this (registry tweak): https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Possible-fixes-to-2-crash-issues-DXGI-amp-NO-ERROR-PC-Onl...

I went through driver reinstalling some time ago but eventually the problem came back. Registry tweak works fine still.

Message 3 of 14 (18,548 Views)

★ Apprentice

@just-brajan  exactly, his solution doesn't work, 

Message 4 of 14 (18,524 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

My solution does work it worked for me.  Just because for one person it didn’t work doesn’t mean it won’t help others. As for for you @just-brajan you’ve posted this in countless threads and people have told you this isn’t a fix it just slows the driver response time which isn’t good. You even admitted you link your fix to get up votes to boost your forum status. @DuckOff_TV  I am sorry this didn’t help but hopefully it will resolve issues for others. 

Message 5 of 14 (18,510 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@GalliumDeathbro ... you drunk?
I am not here to argue but:
1) I admitted nothing so don't quote words i never said;
2) Registry tweak doesn't slow driver response, it does extend the the OS driver recovery time allowing graphic driver to complete its computations before Windows restarts it. Exactly this triggers the DXGI error most of the time.

The default value is 2 seconds so without a tweak, after two seconds of no response from driver Windows will restart it and cause game engine to crash with DXGI error. Tweak extends this timeout to 8 seconds. It's a workaround really, not a fix but still ...
Please get your facts straight before talking rubbish.

Message 6 of 14 (18,506 Views)

DEVICE_ERROR_HUNG/CRASHES with no error w/ PENALTIES (what a joke)

★★★ Apprentice

I have been having DXGI crashes since season 2 and it just go worse over time. I'm crashing every game or other game and I've done everything you can even think of.

Now the new season 4 update you just get crashes with no errors too now. Then also added PENALTIES FOR CRASHING?!!?!?! 

Not only do we have to deal with the terrible crashing from the only game that crashes this much but we also have to get penalized for it?! LOL what a joke.

You all make so much money from events and such and this is the only game I have ever played that can't even be optimized or stable.

Support is trash and just tells you to repair your game like I didn't think of doing that? We get no updates on what's being worked on, nothing.

DEVICE_ERROR_HUNG has been there for so long and you finally address it in season 4 lmao. That's the best you got after taking everyone's money I guess.

You can literally scroll through all the topics and the comments of so many many people with the same problems, it's baffling.

GREAT JOB, I guess.

Message 7 of 14 (18,482 Views)

Ranked Game Crashing

★ Novice

Apex legend kept on crashing due to some kind of "dxgi error device hung". Clearly its not my fault the game is crashing, but also most of the times the game crashes when me and my team is gaining points or full squad with great loots. As you can see in the attachment, I just got penalized for 120 points due to this constant dxgi error crash. while I already have 2 kills, 1 assist and top 6 squad in the lobby. This is very unfair to me but also for my teammates that they had a good chance of winning the game with me but my game just crashes. So is there any solutions to the dxgi error and also can I get my lost points back? I can provide all video footage of games I crashed while gaining points during the game.

Message 8 of 14 (18,480 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ive seem to fix mine. DDU your gpu drivers, restart PC, once booted back up, go to device manager and go to display adapters. right click your gpu and update. DO NOT GET DRIVERS FROM GEFORCE EXPERIENCE OR NVIDIA WEBSITE! THEY'RE TRASH! 

Ive been trying to fix this issue for days now. ive tried at least 10 different drivers and nothing worked.. the solution above is running flawlessly now!

Message 9 of 14 (18,246 Views)

★★ Novice
@DaWigSplitta for real ? is it just fine until now ?
Message 10 of 14 (17,518 Views)