Re: Graphic driver crash

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_RESET

★★ Novice

Product : NFS Unbound
Platform : PC
Please specify the model of your platform.: ROG STRIX 6900xt with 5950x 32GB of 3600Mhz ram.

After 2-3 races my game starts going through cycles of 20 fps and then normal at intervals of about 10 seconds of normal then 30 seconds of 20 fps. OR it just flat out crashes.
I'VE ALREADY TRIED: Deleting the cache, reinstalling the game, SFC scan, reinstalling directx, forcing dx11, deleting my gpu drivers and installing fresh, playing in different graphics settings/resolution, validating game files and repairing the game, updating windows, updating my gpu driver, ran antivirus scan (just in case), turning off steam and origin's overlays, I factory reset my gpu drivers, I've turned off all programs on startup and ran only the game, and I'm sure there are some things I've tried but can't think of right now. I would just. like. to. play. the. game. Any help is greatly appreciated. (opening this up because THE ONLY OTHER THREAD I FOUND WITH THIS ISSUE is marked "Solved" and I tried the solutions provided.) Standard smile

dxbad.jpg

Message 1 of 3 (1,021 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team

Hey, @TIKXIT @PrivateJ0ker98  can you try a clean boot to see if any programs are messing with NEED FOR SPEED™ Unbound and turn off any overlay programs, such as Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (884 Views)

All Replies

Graphic driver crash

★★★ Newbie

DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_RESET ('The device failed due to a badly formed command. This is a run-time issue; The application should destroy and recreate the device.'). GPI: "AMD Radeon RX 6950 XT", Driver: 22.11.1

(22.20.29.07-221110a-385749C-AMD-Software-Adrenalin-Edition). This error is usually caused by the graphics driver crashing; try installing the latest drivers.

GPUBreadcrumbs:

Every time I run the game for ten minutes, I get pictures that don't work and the game crashes six or seven times an hour

Message 2 of 3 (951 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey, @TIKXIT @PrivateJ0ker98  can you try a clean boot to see if any programs are messing with NEED FOR SPEED™ Unbound and turn off any overlay programs, such as Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 3 of 3 (885 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help