Re: 0x887A0005-DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED error

by jim899002

Original Post

Re: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED.

★★★★★ Novice

Just did a clean reinstall of my drivers of the version the person above said for me to use. will fill you guys in after i play test it for a bit. just been busy with irl stuff. i want you guys to stay with me to see if this is a fix

Message 11 of 93 (7,581 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I did a clean driver install and it worked for a few games and then stopped working. Now I'm getting different errors as well as the same one. I don't wanna roll back my drivers just to play this one game. 

Message 12 of 93 (7,578 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@SvenKrupp wrote:

I did a clean driver install and it worked for a few games and then stopped working. Now I'm getting different errors as well as the same one. I don't wanna roll back my drivers just to play this one game. 

Actually is worked for me! I used to only able to play about 2 games-ish before it crashed when i went back into the lobby. So far i have played 3 games in a row without a single crash. Just as the other dude said, using that specific driver works. If you guys need any help or such just replay to me. ima briefly explain how i did this step by step.

1) Find the drivers that i need to reinstall. my case was version 417.71 for my gtx 1050ti notebook cause i own a laptop

2) download this driver uninstaller right here https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

3) IMPORTANT First you will want to remove ur pin on ur pc/laptop because there has been reports of windows 10 be stuck in a boot cycle because of it and not being able to log back in ever, causing you to data wipe. so remove your pin if you have one and leave only a password. Mircosoft account password works offline in safe boot FYI

4) Run the uninstaller soft ware that you downloaded, choose ur driver that you want to uninstall, then go select clean and restart (the highly recommended one)

5) After that you should be rebooted back into ur windows screen normally without safe boot on

6) open the installer after ur computer boots and then when u go to install, SELECT CUSTOM. that is where the clean install option is. If you install express install, then you will have to redo the whole process again.

7) after its done install just reboot unless it reboots u automatically and that should fix it!

If you guys have any problems with anything or some concerns just reply to this and quote me. i will be subscribed to replies. or add me on discord:

Spoiler
Hero_579#9320

Message 13 of 93 (20,398 Views)

0x887A0005-DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED error

★★★ Novice

0x887A0005-DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED The video card has been physically removed from the system,or a driver upgrade for the video card has occurred. The application should destroy and recreate the device. for help debugging the problem,call ID3D10Device::GetDeviceRemoveReason

so this is the problem i got when i am play... randomly 

Amd-2700X

RTX2080

16GB (8X2)

ULTRA SETTINGS 2K RESOLUTION 

some 1 got any idea? :/

tnx and have a nice day. 

Message 14 of 93 (7,346 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Not sure if this is gonna fix it, but try updating your CPU and GPU drivers.

Message 15 of 93 (7,342 Views)

★★★ Novice
both of them updated Frown
Message 16 of 93 (7,337 Views)

DXGI ERROR DEVICE REMOVED

★★ Apprentice

Hi,

i get random crashes. Would be great to have a rejoin match option.

RTX 2080ti

Win10 Pro 64bit

Driver 418.81

Ryzen 2700X

error.png

Message 17 of 93 (7,065 Views)

★★★ Newbie

me too same
on rtx 2060

Message 18 of 93 (7,273 Views)

0x887A0005 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED