Re: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED.

by Vexiified

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED.

★★★★★ Newbie

Getting this error every time I get into a game. This is the only game I've ever had this problem with. Did a clean install of drivers and still getting it. Specs are GTX 1080 and i7 6700k, 16GB RAM and the game is installed on an SSD. It says my GPU was removed from the system.

Message 1 of 93 (13,678 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@SvenKrupp wrote:

I did a clean driver install and it worked for a few games and then stopped working. Now I'm getting different errors as well as the same one. I don't wanna roll back my drivers just to play this one game. 

Actually is worked for me! I used to only able to play about 2 games-ish before it crashed when i went back into the lobby. So far i have played 3 games in a row without a single crash. Just as the other dude said, using that specific driver works. If you guys need any help or such just replay to me. ima briefly explain how i did this step by step.

1) Find the drivers that i need to reinstall. my case was version 417.71 for my gtx 1050ti notebook cause i own a laptop

2) download this driver uninstaller right here https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

3) IMPORTANT First you will want to remove ur pin on ur pc/laptop because there has been reports of windows 10 be stuck in a boot cycle because of it and not being able to log back in ever, causing you to data wipe. so remove your pin if you have one and leave only a password. Mircosoft account password works offline in safe boot FYI

4) Run the uninstaller soft ware that you downloaded, choose ur driver that you want to uninstall, then go select clean and restart (the highly recommended one)

5) After that you should be rebooted back into ur windows screen normally without safe boot on

6) open the installer after ur computer boots and then when u go to install, SELECT CUSTOM. that is where the clean install option is. If you install express install, then you will have to redo the whole process again.

7) after its done install just reboot unless it reboots u automatically and that should fix it!

If you guys have any problems with anything or some concerns just reply to this and quote me. i will be subscribed to replies. or add me on discord:

Spoiler
Hero_579#9320

View in thread

Message 13 of 93 (20,410 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm getting the same error message.

Ryzen 7 1700 oc 3.8 GHz, 16gb ram, 256gb M.2 NVME, 2TB HDD and Msi RTX 2070 Gaming Z

Message 2 of 93 (13,647 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Any solution so far?

Message 3 of 93 (13,626 Views)

★★★ Novice

same i9 9900k, MSI GXT 2080Ti, 32GB RAM, 1TB NVMe. Ive had it cost wins and glitch out Apex Packs I paid for.

Message 4 of 93 (13,585 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
this is the exact problem i have. i hope there is a fix out there
Message 5 of 93 (13,540 Views)

★ Apprentice

im installet  the Driver  417.71-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql   and works

Message 6 of 93 (13,536 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@19cHiMeRa83 wrote:

im installet  the Driver  417.71-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql   and works

so you're saying we download an older driver?

Message 7 of 93 (13,532 Views)

★ Apprentice

yes 4.17.71

Message 8 of 93 (13,508 Views)

★★ Novice

Still working for you?

Message 9 of 93 (13,474 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

ima do a clean driver install and ill reply again to update you guys