DX12 and FFR causing heavy input lag (Can't move mouse)

by AUS_Smokey

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DX12 and FFR causing heavy input lag (Can't move mouse)

★★ Novice
DX12 and Future Frame Rendering almost double my fps from 60 to 100-120 which is fantastic but when I have them turned on my mouse is stuttering heavily and is basically locked in the centre of my screen and I can't move at all. Also the mouse symbol will flash up occasionally. Turning on FFR makes my FPS better but makes this much worse. Turing off DX12 and FFR fixes this completely but then drops my fps to 40-60 and is unplayable.
This never used to happen, I only just recently installed BFV again... Also the latest Nvidia GPU driver makes my mouse stutter on my desktop and even worse ingame, even with DX12 and FFR turned off.. idk if this is related but I've had to roll it back to fix this.

Specs:

GPU: GTX 970
CPU: i5 4960k
Chair: Gaming
Message 1 of 8 (6,315 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: DX12 and FFR causing heavy input lag (Can't move mouse)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@AUS_Smokey It sounds like fragments left over from you changing video card driver and settings . This will be a long post with a few steps to try and fix this for you but it does not take long to do....Edit.. once all of this is done test FPS and game with DX12 on and dx11 on see if you can use DX12 again .

First lets clean up your video card driver and check your windows dll files ...

Copy and past all of this to note pad and put it on your desktop...

Try this and do all steps to get you PC cleaned up ......

First rule out your windows if it gives a error and fixes it then reboot and run it a second time and reboot when its done....

Test your windows for errors as a clean windows install does not always make a stable windows. I run this once a week and after every format once all new drivers are in and windows updates is done.

Running SFC does not guarantee the crash will not happen, but it will ensure it is not because a windows Dll or file is corrupted in windows.

NOTE = Run command prompt as ADMIN and reboot PC after its done. No open web pages or programs like steam or Origin or web pages and always reboot after its done.
If you get a error first run then reboot PC ans run it again this tool in windows has saved me from many a format.
sfc /scannow safe for all windows you can copy and past sfc /scannow in command prompt as ADMIN.

Once its done reboot PC

Note = All the extra JUNK video card drivers install can and will make issues for many. And all the extra junk is just not needed for most people.

This is how you do a clean graphic driver clean install.........

1- For NVIDIA go download your driver put it on your desk top. https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

For AMD http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

2- Go download DDU ...Display Driver Uninstaller and unzip it on desktop... Read the page fully if you have never used this program and yes it must be done in safe mode for it to work ... https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

3- Go download the free version of CC cleaner install it..

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner .... install it and clean your registry before you start the video card driver.

4 Once everything is downloaded and on your desktop then reboot your PC in safe mode... to get to safe mode type ... msconfig in run will bring up safe mode go to boot tab and check off safe boot Minimal hit apply and reboot PC.

5- Remove old video card driver in safe mode using DDU in safe mode

6- Once DDU is rebooting unplug your net so windows does not install a video card driver on you this must be done fully clean.

Once back in windows then install your video card driver but only install what I stated in step 7

7- When the time comes to install the video card driver you will be picking custom advanced you will only install two things from it for Nvidia cards 1- Graphics Driver 2- PhysX System and check off clean install. For AMD card Advanced only check off display driver and catalyst control center as well as check off clean install.

8- When new video card driver is installed reboot your PC

9- Once rebooted use CC Cleaner to clean the registry, reboot PC and check the registry one last time for any issues. If it finds any repeat steps until it finds none. CC cleaner will give you the choice to back up or not and the first time you run it it is normal if it finds 80 + errors in the registry as every installed or uninstalled program will leave fragments behind in registry and CC Cleaner will clean this up.

10-Run windows scan again just to be safe I run this about once a week on all my rigs it can save you many a format.

sfc /scannow and reboot PC and no open programs as they can give false errors. Once rebooted from windows scan then do step 11

11- Now to pull the most FPS out of your rig open NVIDIA Control Panel and under 3D settings .. Adjust image settings with Preview set it to use my preference and set it to performance and hit Apply.

Next in game video settings...

For Origin turn off cloud storage and turn off origin in game. ___Make sure you turn both OFF

Open Nvidia Control panel under 3D settings go to Adjust image settings with preview

Pick use my preference and set it to performance and hit apply.

Next step in game video settings advanced in BFV .....

DXR enabled OFF your video card in BFV will not have this

Nvidia DLSS OFF

High Dynamic Range OFF

Make sure frame rate limiter is set to 200

future frame rendering- off .. Makes lag keep it off

vertical sync- off

UI Upscasling AUTO

GPU memory restriction- off

Below set graphics quality to custom

Everything on med or low but stuff below...

Mesh Quality is on Med

Antialiasing post processing is on TAA LOW

Ambient Occlusion is OFF

FX amount is on LOW

DXR you cant turn off its on Ultra--- your card will not have this in BFV

Under Basic Video settings do this for settings in BFV

motion blur set to 0
Under video Basic ....
ADS Fild of View - OFF

ADS DOF Effects OFF

Chromatic Aberration OFF

Vignette OFF

Lens Distortion OFF

To see fps in game with no typing do this....

To see FPS in game with out fraps etc:
1- open note pad
2-put this in the note pad.....

perfoverlay.drawfps 1

Perfoverlay.fpsdisplayscale 4 <<< this can change to 3 or 2 or 1 depending how big or small you want it. 4 is large.
3-when you make the user.cfg in notepad,change the file type from text to all. And name it user.cfg
4-Put in .....:\Program Files\Origin Games\Battlefield 5
5-Also close Origin to put cfg in just to be safe :}
6-You will see your FPS in top right of screen when you start BF5

If you still have issues look at ..

It could also be Armoury Crate making issues or GForce experience if you have them installed.

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (6,291 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@AUS_Smokey It sounds like fragments left over from you changing video card driver and settings . This will be a long post with a few steps to try and fix this for you but it does not take long to do....Edit.. once all of this is done test FPS and game with DX12 on and dx11 on see if you can use DX12 again .

First lets clean up your video card driver and check your windows dll files ...

Copy and past all of this to note pad and put it on your desktop...

Try this and do all steps to get you PC cleaned up ......

First rule out your windows if it gives a error and fixes it then reboot and run it a second time and reboot when its done....

Test your windows for errors as a clean windows install does not always make a stable windows. I run this once a week and after every format once all new drivers are in and windows updates is done.

Running SFC does not guarantee the crash will not happen, but it will ensure it is not because a windows Dll or file is corrupted in windows.

NOTE = Run command prompt as ADMIN and reboot PC after its done. No open web pages or programs like steam or Origin or web pages and always reboot after its done.
If you get a error first run then reboot PC ans run it again this tool in windows has saved me from many a format.
sfc /scannow safe for all windows you can copy and past sfc /scannow in command prompt as ADMIN.

Once its done reboot PC

Note = All the extra JUNK video card drivers install can and will make issues for many. And all the extra junk is just not needed for most people.

This is how you do a clean graphic driver clean install.........

1- For NVIDIA go download your driver put it on your desk top. https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

For AMD http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

2- Go download DDU ...Display Driver Uninstaller and unzip it on desktop... Read the page fully if you have never used this program and yes it must be done in safe mode for it to work ... https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

3- Go download the free version of CC cleaner install it..

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner .... install it and clean your registry before you start the video card driver.

4 Once everything is downloaded and on your desktop then reboot your PC in safe mode... to get to safe mode type ... msconfig in run will bring up safe mode go to boot tab and check off safe boot Minimal hit apply and reboot PC.

5- Remove old video card driver in safe mode using DDU in safe mode

6- Once DDU is rebooting unplug your net so windows does not install a video card driver on you this must be done fully clean.

Once back in windows then install your video card driver but only install what I stated in step 7

7- When the time comes to install the video card driver you will be picking custom advanced you will only install two things from it for Nvidia cards 1- Graphics Driver 2- PhysX System and check off clean install. For AMD card Advanced only check off display driver and catalyst control center as well as check off clean install.

8- When new video card driver is installed reboot your PC

9- Once rebooted use CC Cleaner to clean the registry, reboot PC and check the registry one last time for any issues. If it finds any repeat steps until it finds none. CC cleaner will give you the choice to back up or not and the first time you run it it is normal if it finds 80 + errors in the registry as every installed or uninstalled program will leave fragments behind in registry and CC Cleaner will clean this up.

10-Run windows scan again just to be safe I run this about once a week on all my rigs it can save you many a format.

sfc /scannow and reboot PC and no open programs as they can give false errors. Once rebooted from windows scan then do step 11

11- Now to pull the most FPS out of your rig open NVIDIA Control Panel and under 3D settings .. Adjust image settings with Preview set it to use my preference and set it to performance and hit Apply.

Next in game video settings...

For Origin turn off cloud storage and turn off origin in game. ___Make sure you turn both OFF

Open Nvidia Control panel under 3D settings go to Adjust image settings with preview

Pick use my preference and set it to performance and hit apply.

Next step in game video settings advanced in BFV .....

DXR enabled OFF your video card in BFV will not have this

Nvidia DLSS OFF

High Dynamic Range OFF

Make sure frame rate limiter is set to 200

future frame rendering- off .. Makes lag keep it off

vertical sync- off

UI Upscasling AUTO

GPU memory restriction- off

Below set graphics quality to custom

Everything on med or low but stuff below...

Mesh Quality is on Med

Antialiasing post processing is on TAA LOW

Ambient Occlusion is OFF

FX amount is on LOW

DXR you cant turn off its on Ultra--- your card will not have this in BFV

Under Basic Video settings do this for settings in BFV

motion blur set to 0
Under video Basic ....
ADS Fild of View - OFF

ADS DOF Effects OFF

Chromatic Aberration OFF

Vignette OFF

Lens Distortion OFF

To see fps in game with no typing do this....

To see FPS in game with out fraps etc:
1- open note pad
2-put this in the note pad.....

perfoverlay.drawfps 1

Perfoverlay.fpsdisplayscale 4 <<< this can change to 3 or 2 or 1 depending how big or small you want it. 4 is large.
3-when you make the user.cfg in notepad,change the file type from text to all. And name it user.cfg
4-Put in .....:\Program Files\Origin Games\Battlefield 5
5-Also close Origin to put cfg in just to be safe :}
6-You will see your FPS in top right of screen when you start BF5

If you still have issues look at ..

It could also be Armoury Crate making issues or GForce experience if you have them installed.

Message 2 of 8 (6,292 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@2042isNotBF Thank you so much for all that man! I followed it all exactly and it was all quite clear. I really appreciate the effort that took to write. When I cleaned my registry for the first time I had 284 errors! So it hasn't really changed anything... with FFR off my mouse was smooth and my FPS was at 50-60. It's still at that after the changes. I need to figure out why FFR is causing the mouse to stutter because it gets my FPS up to 100+ and the game just feels like I'm playing in custard on 50 FPS. Or somehow figure out how to get better FPS without having FFR on (Even turning my resolution scale/res down my FPS will stay at about  60-70... really confused why), besides buy a new computer which I wish I could do : )

Message 3 of 8 (6,269 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I do have Nvidea experience installed... should I uninstall it?

Also just to add your solution did fix my mouse stuttering on my desktop as well so thanks for that.

Message 4 of 8 (6,259 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@AUS_Smokey  Sweet happy to help you, With G Force  experience  I never allow it on any PC in this house as its just garbage bloat wear in my mind after testing with it on and off for years. And on a buddy's PC I fixed for him it made issues in BFV for him so I am not a fan of it at all as it makes issues on the PC and in games with low FPS . So my vote is but its not my PC but my vote is no one should allow G Force  experience on a PC but your PC your call.

You can look at this write up I did to pull the most FPS out of BFV it should help. If you need more help with FPS let me know  :]

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Set-up-for-the-most-FPS-in-BFV/m-p/7166307#M2480

Message 5 of 8 (6,245 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i had similar issue, (when both turned off) i get stuttery game, but (i know it's gonna sound weird) when in a map, i go to the settings and change the resolution to something else and then change back to my resolution the stuttering stops and the game runs super smooth (unbelievable)

so each time the map changes i quickly go to the settings to change resulotion and change back ( you may even click ESC key in the countdown of the resolution change for faster process lol)

i'm gonna keep doing that untill i upgrade my pc, for now it works so good and really i recommend you to try it worth the hassle as this game is really good

my spec + bench:

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 
GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 
SSD: SanDisk SSD Plus 240GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB 
RAM: Samsung M378B5673FH0-CH9 4x2GB 
MBD: Asus P8P67-M1

as you have better pc i belive you can get atleast  the 100 fps avg as i get 85-90

Message 6 of 8 (5,161 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Fadidzi Its not just on pc. This issue is on ps4 pro as well. And its new ever since the december update.
Message 7 of 8 (5,147 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@AUS_Smokey I have i7 9700k and rtx super 2060 16 ram
And have lag in game play in directx 12
Battlefield 1
Battlefield v
Please fix it
Message 8 of 8 (4,962 Views)