DX12 Error

by Sn00zey90

Original Post

DirectX Error

★★★★★ Newbie

The game crashed two times in one hour. First time on Auto settings in my first race. Then I tried to customize and lower the in-game graphics. 3 races went well but after that it happened again.

DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_RESET ('The device failed due to a badly formed command. This is a run-time issue; The application should destroy and recreate the device.'). GPI: "AMD Radeon RX 6950 XT", Driver: 22.11.1

(22.20.29.07-221110a-385749C-AMD-Software-Adrenalin-Edition). This error is usually caused by the graphics driver crashing; try installing the latest drivers.

GPUBreadcrumbs:

I've seen similar issues in games running DirectX12 but there is no setting option for choosing DirectX11.

Message 11 of 233 (1,784 Views)

Re: DirectX Error

★★★★ Apprentice
Message 12 of 233 (1,776 Views)

DirectX Error

★★★★ Novice

Hello NFS Devs,

I'll cut right to the chase. DirectX12 crash upon entering gameplay. See attached photo.

Specs:
Intel 12700k

32GB DDR4 3600MHz

NVidia RTX 4080

3TB HDD

Windows 11 22H2

Installed from EA desktop app.

dxdiag is attached.

Troubleshooting attempted:

DDU and reinstall drivers

Reinstall game

Update windows

Verify PC stability with benchmarks

Close all other programs and ensure no overlays enabled

Hope this crash can be sorted expeditiously.

Message 13 of 233 (1,775 Views)

Re: DirectX Error

Message 14 of 233 (1,742 Views)

Re: DX12 Error

Community Manager
Thank you for the extra details, and especially about the 30 minute crash. I believe that's being looked into and this extra info may help.
David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 15 of 233 (1,744 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_David thank you for your response! I keep testing and post all my updates. I hope your experts can help with this since it is a very complex issue.

Please let me know if I can help with more information.

Message 16 of 233 (1,739 Views)

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG ("The GPU will not respond to more commands")

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I encountered an error while playing NFS Unbound. My GPU is RTX 3070. I tried playing in Ultra settings. DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG ("The GPU will not respond to more commands")

Message 17 of 233 (1,679 Views)

Re: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG ("The GPU will not respond to more commands&quot

Message 18 of 233 (1,675 Views)

Re: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG ("The GPU will not respond to more commands&

Community Manager

@Sn00zey90 

While we appreciate you wanting to help, this kind of post (especially when repeated multiple times) is not that useful. 

If I can kindly ask you to not continue please and thanks.

barry.png
Message 19 of 233 (1,657 Views)

Community Manager
@Sn00zey90 Thanks. I've heard there was a recent quiet deploy that should have addressed the 30 min crash. Can you check again and see if it persists?

It may still crash at the 4h mark for the same reason - a proper fix for this is being worked on -but hopefully this lets you get in some game sessions.
David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 20 of 233 (1,721 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help