DX12 Error

by Sn00zey90

Original Post

DX12 Error

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Hi Guys,

having a bad time with your new NFS Game. Unfortunately my game crashs during Gameplay with the attached DX12 Error. Error comes 100% after about 1 to 8 Minutes of gaming.

I am running the New ASUS 4080 RTX

Win10 Pro 64 10.0 Build 19045

MSI - 7a63 Board

i7-7700K

16k RAM

I already tried:

- Clean reinstall of my Graphic Card Driver (Game Ready)

- Studio Driver

- Underclock my GPU

- Turn off XMP in my Bios

- Windows Update / Update all my drivers

- Ultra/lowest Graphic Settings ingame

- Memory Test 0% Errors

Am I the only one having this kind of issues right now? Please help Standard smile

Thanks!!

Possible workaround for ultra wide screen users till we hopefully get a fix in a future patch. I can confirm working condition with no DX Hung Errors with lowering resolution to <3440x1440. Played for > 1 hour with no crashes till now.

Message 4 of 232 (3,993 Views)

DirectX crash

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_David Started the game and did not want to start directly with the story so it went into free roam and then the character creation when I was done with it I pressed my appearance and then it crashed. Now it also crashes before the main menu so I can't try that with the story unfortunately. Same after repairing 😢

Message 1 of 232 (4,183 Views)

Re: Game crash after character customization

★★★★ Novice

Under documents the File i also deleted but to no effect 

Message 2 of 232 (4,179 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

IMG_20221129_123949.jpgUpdate: now i wanted to Change the upscaler cause i Play with DLSS than i Crash every time 

Direct3D could Not allocate sufficient memory to complette the call 

Message 3 of 232 (4,145 Views)

Re: DX12 Error

★★★★ Apprentice

For Testing Purpose I tried another Game BF2042. I also get a DX12 Error after 15 Mins of Gaming. But a different one,

I don't get any DX12 Errors while playing Ark Survival Evolved. Tested for 8 Hours.

Message 5 of 232 (3,967 Views)

Community Manager

Hi, this was split off from the other thread as it seems to have a separate base cause. 

Can you start with a Clean Boot, make sure any overlays and such are closed down, they're often a factor if you're seeing GPU instability. 

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

If the issue still persists, it's worth trying a driver reinstall, if there are driver issues this will hopefully help. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 232 (3,846 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Did some Testing with Cyberpunk 2077, because I thought its maybe the DX12. Played 1 hour with no errors.

Error occurs only in Battlefield and NFS:Unbound till now.

Message 7 of 232 (3,935 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Attached my DXDiag.

Did some tests. If I fix the FPS at 50 the game crashes delay to 30 Minutes. But still occur at a 100% chance.

Message 8 of 232 (3,900 Views)

DirectX Crash

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Good morning/afternoon or evening to whoever reads this.

First of all i'd like to say im not a very tech savvy person. Well, i'd like to adress an issue i've been having with the game and its that i cant play it basically. when i try to do the intro driving tutorial my game crashes whenever i get to the nitrous part popping this message about DirectX crashing and stuff. I already have my drivers up to date and tried doing the clean boot but still nothing.

I bought the game on steam and have the new EA Desktop launcher what could be the problem? I will also leave the specs of my laptop here as well, if it helps on anything. In case you wonder, i've been playing NFS Heat with no problems for almost a year now

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 5500U with Radeon Graphics 2.10 GHz
Installed: RAM 8.00 GB (7.34 GB usable)
Device ID 12FB9FE3-9802-42AE-9CEF-F4CBE49CA59B
Product ID 00325-82177-42028-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Message 9 of 232 (3,853 Views)

Re: DirectX Crash

★★★★ Apprentice

Your not alone friend. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/DX12-Error/m-p/12092776/highlight/false#M65

Unfortunately this seems to be an error a lot of player had in the past years. Seems to be a very complex error.

Message 10 of 232 (3,836 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help