Re: DX12 Error

by SuperSixBravo

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for your update. I will try it on Tuesday / Wednesday when I am back home.

But does not seem like the fault reason is the resolution of the screen. Some people playing only in Full HD and have the Error too. 

Possible that lowering the resolution milders the symptoms.

Message 91 of 233 (712 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Sn00zey90 You are probably right. Ful HD is fair bit more than 3840X1600 I think at least +2Million pixels more, but that's frightening if non wide screen is failing too so you know if these people are also using a 40XX class card?

I hope, actually I really hope EA look at this thread Monday morning and get into it.

Let me know how it goes for you.
Message 92 of 233 (709 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same issue on Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti.

Intel Core i7 10700K @ 3.80GHz.

64GB RAM.

Windows 10.

Steam.

Tried multiple methods including the deletion of the DX12 file in the game's directory.

No changes.

I really hope they do not abandon this and patch it soon. It's making the game unplayable and disappointing.

Message 93 of 233 (945 Views)

★★ Novice

So apparently deleting the dx12 file in shadercache folder helps also putting in launch options -dx12

Message 94 of 233 (914 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok,

I only play the multiplayer part. After some hours I can say that the game crashs only in races. If I drive around in the open world it works for 1 hour without any problem.

I did 1 race at the start of the game, after that I drive around for 5-10 minutes, did another race, drive around for collectibles (25 minutes ?) and in the third race I crashed at start of the race. 

I never crashed outside a race.

Message 95 of 233 (915 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@SuperSixBravo Nope, unfortunately not everyone with this Error uses the 40xx Cards. Looks like the error starts with the 20xx. Did not seen someone with a <20xx card have that till now for this game.

But take a look at google and search for "Apex Legends DX Hung Error". You will find loads of people having that with any card and any resolution.

Message 96 of 233 (902 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

EA are you going to say anything about this?

Its all over steam, many reporting it here, an update would be great?

Message 97 of 233 (803 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm getting the same issue in both BF2042 and NFS Unbound with the gigabyte 4080 card.  

I had no issues previously (haven't played recently) with bf2042 on my old 2070 super.

Message 98 of 233 (759 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue with 4080 GTX

Not addressing this problem in the known issues is really bad.

I really wanted to buy this game, thanks to your 10 hour trial I know that its * and you don´t give a damm in forums, I´ll suspend my EA pass and look for better tested games.

Message 99 of 233 (737 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The fact the all the people from EA on here, blatantly ignore all the posts regarding crashing. And not update the known bugs, is absurd to me.
Are they afraid of a potential lawsuit? Or are they just not aware the people are generally more happy with them if they show a hint of transparency? Noone is gonna be bitter if they can admint that there is an unforeseen issue with the game, and that they are working to fix it. 

And yeah, im talking to you EA grunts hiding from the issue, i know you see the complaints coming in...

Message 100 of 233 (723 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help