Re: DX12 Error

by Sn00zey90

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

@EA - ?? no response for 2 days? are you ignoring serious issues in your product discovered by players? Is that a common practice or is it EA native only, I wonder...

Message 41 of 233 (972 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I’d really appreciate any sort of acknowledgement from EA that this is an issue that we can’t fix in our own. This is a serious problem that needs a patch. All I want to know is that they’re working on it.

Message 42 of 233 (1,149 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

This is a very complex error between our own Hardware Setup and Frostbite Engine. If you are using google, you can find posts about this error back till 2015. I don't know if Devs can fix it. Seems to be deep inside the engine.

I will try a different 4080 from MSI next week and see if its just my ASUS card since it works fine with my 1080 MSI.

btw. if you guys are posting here, please make sure to always post your Hardware Setup.

Message 43 of 233 (1,139 Views)

Direct X Error (PC + AMD)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

So I’ve got this error repeatedly now, it’s usually random, I’ve seen it happen in the safehouse, it’s happened in the online races, it’s making the game basically unplayable for me at this point. You know its going to crash when it just starts stuttering and it continues to stutter before finally crashing out with the attached error message

My setup:

Cpu: Ryzen 9 5950x

Gpu: Asus Dual Radeon RX 6700 XT OC 

Memory: 32 GB 3200 mhz ram with XMP on 

What I’ve tried:

deleted shadercache

Reinstalling graphics drivers

Repairing the game in ea app 

Adding launch command -high 

Tweaking graphics from low to high 

This is awfully disappointing after paying 70$ for the game, im hoping some of y’all out there may have a potential fix or suggestion! Thanks in advance!

Message 44 of 233 (882 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Sn00zey90 are you saying they know about this issue since 2015 and in 2022 it's still an issue? OK. in that case I am requesting a refund, no time to troubleshot this for EA for free.
Good luck guys!
Message 45 of 233 (1,128 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/DirectX-function-GetDeviceRemovedReason-failed-with...

Take a look here. It is a very complex error with the System and Frostbite. If you do not find out what causes the error for your system, you will run in this error probably in a lot of Frostbite Games. If you have EA Pro you can try Battlefied 2042 for example and probably see the same result.

Message 46 of 233 (1,121 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Sn00zey90 - I don't believe it's such complex problem that it couldn't be fixed in 7 years. EA just doesn't give a F
Requested a refund and removed all EA soft from my system. Done.
Message 47 of 233 (1,115 Views)

Re: Direct X Error (PC + AMD)

Message 48 of 233 (867 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

People, I found a very interesting thread in the steam forum.

A whole lot of people have that DX12 Hung error. In steam Forum all of them using Ultra Wide or 4k / 5k resolution.

Anyone in my thread using a lower Resolution than 3440x1440 having that error?

Message 49 of 233 (1,054 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I’m still getting this error and constant crashes at 1920x1080 resolution. I’ve messed with all sorts of graphics settings and the issue still persists. At this point, I’ve refunded unfortunately.

Message 50 of 233 (1,047 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help