Re: Getting constant crashes Directx error crash

by stonedlemming

Original Post

Getting constant crashes Directx error crash

★★★★★ Novice

Obviouly I have everything installed and up to date, only getting this crash in this game Screenshot 01.12.2022 01_56_23.png

Message 31 of 233 (1,508 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@KrystaGG @intogamingyt @RunLewisRun 

Reinstalling or updating your video drivers is advised here. 

Additional steps: 

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 32 of 233 (1,474 Views)

Re: DX12 Error

★★★★ Apprentice

Did some more testing with RTX4080. Nothing new till now.

@EA_David Do you have any news if the Devs are looking into our Problem? Lot of people do still have the possibility to get their money back from their RTX4080s. Is this a Frostbite / Game Problem or should we return our cards and get a new one because they have some kind of errors.

Message 33 of 233 (1,460 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

update: tested with driver version 527.37 - the same problem

Message 34 of 233 (1,436 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Barry if you do not have a deep understanding of the problem here - you will not be able to provide a valid solution. And you didn't even bother to read the comments here. Please do not post generic advises - we are already past the video card driver testing.
Message 35 of 233 (1,427 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

update: tested with "optional update KB5020044: fixes Windows 11 22H2 gaming performance" + 527.37 nVidia drivers. It crashes a bit later and doesn't show DX12 error window anymore.

@EA_David - perhaps we should elevate this issue to higher level of support - it seems like a serious problem.

Message 36 of 233 (1,421 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I just want to point out that I’m running the game with a GTX 1080 ti and I’m getting constant crashes within 20 minutes of gameplay. This issue doesn’t seem to be exclusive to RTX cards. I’ve tried all the fixes mentioned like cleaning the cache, deleting the DX files, reinstalling, etc but nothing has worked and the game continues to crash when it feels like it.

Message 37 of 233 (1,402 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I tried it on 527.37-desktop-win10-win11-64bit-international-dch-whql too. The game crashes after 6-10 minutes.

mistake:

DirectX Error

DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG ("The GPU will not respond to more commands"). GPU: "NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080", Driver: 52737. This error is usually caused by the graphics driver crashing; try installing the latest drivers. GPUBreadcrumbs: OK

Message 38 of 233 (1,398 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

New Nvidia Driver installed. DX Hung Error still occurs. Tested some more DX12 Games - with no error.

Problem only occurs in Frostbite Engine Games till now.

Message 39 of 233 (1,360 Views)

Random game crashes using Nvidia GPU

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Need for Speed: Unbound
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug I was doing free roam, some races, or something like that, and then the game crashes randomly. I have experienced it too many times. I already have the latest drivers, especially the GPU. I have an RTX 2070 GPU. Can anybody help me?
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Screenshot
What happens when the bug occurs? The game exits.
What do you expect to see? N/A

I was doing free roam, some races, or something like that, and then the game crashes randomly. I have experienced it too many times. I already have the latest drivers, especially the GPU. I have an RTX 2070 GPU. Can anybody help me?

Message 40 of 233 (925 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help