Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: DLSS is producing jittering/flickerin/vibrating Graphics

by metaldevil61

Original Post

DLSS is producing jittering/flickerin/vibrating Graphics

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Happens since DLSS was available coming in with patch 1.04 and when switched on.

Nvidia RTX 2060 6GB on WQHD and Driver 419.67

The Vibrating/Jittering/Flickering Textures are a product of DLSS. Nothing like that when turned off.

Interesting fact: jittering stops when alt-tabbing to desktop and back into game, aswell as when turning DLSS on and off ingame. This is happening in Fullscreen only, ofc it is not possible to have DLSS turned on at Borderless or Windowed with my Monitor (Eizo Foriss 2333 60Hz, native 1920x1080).

UPDATE 29.3.2019:

Someone on Youtube put up a Video proof.Its much worse to look at when inside of Tarsis or Launchbay. Beeing on top of the Strider it doesnot look so very ugly, but i tell you its much much worse. Here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3jLvnTCU5k

Message 1 of 6 (150 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

@TheHero_Origin wrote:native 1920x1080

How are you running DLSS in 1080p when nvidia stated only 1440p and 4K are supported?

Message 2 of 6 (139 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

read carefully:

"...not possible to have DLSS turned on at Borderless or Windowed ..." Which means that if you try yourself to use DLSS on Windowed mode or Borderless, DLSS wont be activated.

I can use DLSS in Fullscreen, because of downsampling (DSR=Dynamic Super Resolution) which is scaling WQHD on my Native FullHD Monitor.

Read about DSR from NVidia for using Higher resolutions on Full HD. Its a common thing to do when you dont want to waste too much performance on Antialiasing Filter:

https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/dynamic-super-resolution-instantly-improves-your-games-wi...

Anyway ill add a link from another guy with same problem on youtube. That video is made out of Tarsis and it seems not so distracting. But when you are in the Fort the jitter is everywhere and its very annyoing.

This will tell you/show more then writing and explaining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3jLvnTCU5k

Message 3 of 6 (102 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have exactly the same problem. A lot of blur, a lot of flickering. Unplayable at this stage... I have a RTX2080 with a ASUS ROG PG279Q. I hope it will be fix soon as they did for Metro Exodus!! 😡

a word to the wise BioWare 🙄. 

Message 4 of 6 (91 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Also have the same problem but noticed if i changed the resolution to something else then back again to 1440 it's ok again
Message 5 of 6 (87 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Same here... Flickering and blur...@1440p/75 native.

@4k with dlss no problems.

Message 6 of 6 (60 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help