DLSS - Negative impact on performance

by cptsnefot

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DLSS - Negative impact on performance

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi!

I've been playing anthem for almost 2 weeks now and I got one big issue with the game I hope the community could help me with or the support but didnt do much last time I tried to reach them.

I can play everything on ultra with 60-75fps freeplay on 1440p no problem what so ever except small fps drops here and there, but my main issue is that the DLSS option is giving me negative impact on the performance.. like 5-10 less fps while on and everything is blurry and grey lines. I tried to reach the support twice and they said that my CPU is the main problem that the DLSS is blurry and that's not true at all, that's why im reaching out to you.

What I've tried: Reinstalled anthem, clear cache, reinstall origin, reinstall windows 10 1903 MAY update, optimized my settings and nothing works and every driver is up to date.

My Rig:

RTX 2070 Super Zotac

Corsair vengeance 2x8 2666mhz

Asus prime z270-p

Corsair 850Watt 80 plus gold PSU

i5-7600k 4.5ghz OC

Im gonna forget about the "your cpu is the main problem DLSS isnt working on anthem" But... Why does it then work on battlefield 5 with no problems? EA support?

Message 1 of 8 (325 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: DLSS - Negative impact on performance

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Rider0701Wasn't it added in april and there has been no improvements since? After 2 weeks of searching for an answer I reached out a 4th time to the live chat support and he/she told me that they are working on a fix and have been a while now... Should expect it soon he added. Thank god someone just told me instead of leaving me in the dark.

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (150 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@cptsnefot  Hiya, you may want to include a DXDiag in your post so we can see what's up with your system Standard smile  

Any chance you can include some game play so we can see the issue for ourselves?

-EA_Cade
Message 2 of 8 (304 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_CadeSorry for that! I got 2 pictures showing DLSS on and off and the dxdiag Standard smile

The pictures is taken by my phone... I couldnt print screen ingame because the pictures just got completely black.

Message 3 of 8 (297 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Cade So... thats it then? No more help because you know the developers have done goof themselves or what?
Message 4 of 8 (225 Views)

★★★ Guide

60-75 fps on ultra is very good, DLSS should provide a boost when your GPU runs close to max load and at low FPS

I'm using a RTX2080 and run 80-100 FPS on ultra and leave DLSS off because it seems to lower my FPS

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/nvidia-dlss-your-questions-answered/

Hope this helps

Beer

Message 5 of 8 (215 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Pelon56sigh... You've clearly not read my post mate or seen the pictures.. but thanks for trying atleast something EA support doesnt.

Message 6 of 8 (169 Views)

★ Apprentice

I had the same issue since it was added as an option to Anthem.  I noticed that the Nvidia Geforce Experience optimal settings for Anthem default to off for that setting.  So I've gone with leaving it off.

Message 7 of 8 (157 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Rider0701Wasn't it added in april and there has been no improvements since? After 2 weeks of searching for an answer I reached out a 4th time to the live chat support and he/she told me that they are working on a fix and have been a while now... Should expect it soon he added. Thank god someone just told me instead of leaving me in the dark.

Message 8 of 8 (151 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help