Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

DIRECTX ERROR WHEN LAUNCHING ANTHEM FIXED!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!

by Orthruss

Original Post

DIRECTX ERROR WHEN LAUNCHING ANTHEM FIXED!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!

★★★★ Novice

THIS IS JUST FOR THE FUTURE IN CASE ANYONE ELSE RUNS INTO THIS ABSOLUTE * ERROR THAT NO ONE IN EA OR ANYWHERE ELSE BESIDES AN OLD POST AND A GREAT FELLOW PLAYER HELPED FIGURE OUT!! HERE'S THE FIX AND ATTACHED IS THE ERROR CODE IM TALKING ABOUT!

'If you are getting INVALIDARG error it is not necessarily EA's fault.

I don't kow how my file was changed but I found an error in the "ProfileOptions_profile" which is a configuration file.

Before you start this understand that "INVALIDARG" is an Invalid Argument" error.

It is found in  C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age Inquisition\Save   <--------  (IM ASSUMING YOU JUST LOOK FOR ANTHEM RELATED FILES INSTEAD OF
The file name is "ProfileOptions_profile" attributes "file" "                                                                    DRAGON AGE!!!)

(AT THIS POINT IN THE POST IT ADDED A * TON OF FILES WHICH ARE IRRELEVANT UNLESS YOU WANT TO SEE THE FULL POST HERE

Before you make any corrections make a back up of "ProfileOptions_profile" by copy and save as "ProfileOptions_profile_old" just in case something goes wrong as you make changes.

(CHANGE NUMBERS NEXT TO THOSE 2 FILES AS SHOWN BELOW) AGAIN I DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS MIGHT DO!)

GstRender.OverallGraphicsQuality 3
GstRender.PostProcessQuality 1

1. Once you have made the corrections use "save as" in notepad.

2. Under file type at the bottom select all files.

3. Find "ProfileOptions_profile" that has file as an attribute. Select it and then click save.

(ALSO A COMMENT OF SOMEONE ON THE POST ADDED THIS "You can actually delete both those files and the game will remake them.  I think you have to reset your options in game, but it doesn't hurt to just out and out delete them.")

THIS IS THE COMMENT OF THE GUY THAT WENT AND ACTUALLY APPLIED IT AND DID A FEW STEPS MORE THAT WORKED FOR BOTH HIM AND MYSELF!

So i did not attempt to play this over the weekend on my PC but today i was bored so i installed it knowing it would not work. It also gave me this error that you spoke about here.  I took your advise and went and looked at that playeroptions_profile screen. Opening in wordpad made it simple to read and i changed various things that you had mentioned in your above reply that did not work for me.  But i did find a solution that worked for me.

I checked my resolution on the monitor that i wanted to play on and set the resolution to that.

GstRender.FullscreenEnabled 1
GstRender.FullscreenMode 1
GstRender.FullscreenRefreshRate 59.951000
GstRender.FullscreenResolutionIndex 67
GstRender.FullscreenScreen 0
GstRender.ResolutionHeight 1440
GstRender.ResolutionWidth 2560

That is what my settings were set to after i changed the resolution and also i changed the first 2 from a 0 and 3 to 1 and 1.  I believe that was the only thing i changed. There is also another

GstRender.SetAutodetectedQuality 3

I set that to 3 instead of 1. I don't know which of these fixed my issue but afterwards the game will now load on my main screen and not my secondary monitor and will not give me that load error when first launching claiming ARG.

Message 1 of 4 (3,197 Views)

Re: DIRECTX ERROR WHEN LAUNCHING ANTHEM FIXED!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!

★★★★ Novice

Just want to say deleting the profiles immediately fixed the demo for me. Incredibly disappointed that this is even possible much less expected by people in the community.

Message 2 of 4 (2,956 Views)

★★★ Guide

Same.  Just deleted ProfileOptions_Profile and it worked right away.

Message 3 of 4 (523 Views)

★★ Guide

congatz its fix. but if it happen at me. I just need to close my computer for 10 min and reopen again :d

cheer 

Message 4 of 4 (510 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help