Re: Cutscenes appear corrupted when playing with HTC Vive & Steam VR.

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cutscenes appear corrupted when playing with HTC Vive & Steam VR.

★ Novice

I am playing the Star Wars: Squadrons Trial, with the HTC Vive.

For the general gameplay (flying/fighting), the VR seems to be working fine, but cutscenes are not viewable.

I'm not sure how to accurately describe it, but the video of the cutscenes is partially visible, and it appears there are multiple layers of video overlapping in the wrong place.  The audio appears to be working, and is understandable.

When I enable VR, it appears to be using the Steam VR.  I am launching from the Origin client, however.  I have my trial through Origin, prior to the steam offering, so don't have the option to launch through Steam.

Is this a a known issue, and I should just wait a bit for a fix, or is there something I need to do to fix it?

I'm also playing using the X52 pro HOTUS.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Message 1 of 5 (770 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

I figured it out. Took me way to long because it's not what you would think. In the Options menu, go to video section and turn off the HDR (High Dynamic Range). Fixed my issue with the cutscenes, hope it help for you. 

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (698 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I am having the very same issue with my setup, the only difference between you and me is that I got the game through Steam and run it through SteamVR. I have tried to do a clean reinstall of the game several times and the cutscenes play back like garbage in the headset but when I take the headset off I can see that the video is playing back just fine on my monitor giving me a mirrored display. My best guess is that there's some issue with the SteamVR app "getting in the way" of the cutscenes being able to playback properly in the headset. I've tweaked with video and graphic setting with no luck. Gonna keep messing around and if I find a fix I'll be back. 

Message 2 of 5 (721 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I figured it out. Took me way to long because it's not what you would think. In the Options menu, go to video section and turn off the HDR (High Dynamic Range). Fixed my issue with the cutscenes, hope it help for you. 

Message 3 of 5 (699 Views)
Highlighted

EA DICE Team
@Hellion8 Thanks for the suggestion. :D

/Atic
Message 4 of 5 (674 Views)

★ Guide

Set Graphics to Windowed or Borderless.

Worked for me.

Good luck Pilot!

Message 5 of 5 (603 Views)