Customer Support Phone Hours?

by Darkstorne

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Customer Support Phone Hours?

★★ Novice

I'm a returning UK player who wants to try out the game's new expansion next month. I don't remember my password, and the password reset function doesn't work on the game's website. My account also seems to be too old to have been linked to my EA account (played since launch) since changing my password there still doesn't allow me to log in. So okay, I need to call customer support. I find this number listed:

• UK: +44 (0)203 0141 826 (Phone support available from 15.00 GMT - 00.00 GMT)

So I called at around 4pm yesterday, to be told by an automated message that all phone lines are closed and are only open 4am-1pm UTC. Odd hours, but okay. I called again this morning at 7:30am UTC only to have the same message: all phone lines closed, and I should try calling between 4am-1pm UTC.

So the website tells me to call between 3pm and midnight. The phone message tells me to call between 4am and 1pm. Neither are true. What time SHOULD I call..?

Message 1 of 3 (608 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Customer Support Phone Hours?

★★ Novice

That was it, thanks! Checked my phone log and it was 15:47 that I called. GMT time that would have been 14:47 though, as I forgot about British summer time =P Not sure why their phone message told me to phone back between 4am and 1pm though...

The staff were super friendly and solved my problem. Turns out it was my security key (physical one from launch) that was running low on battery and giving me incorrect codes. That prevented any password changes from working on the website. They removed it from my account and that fixed the issue. Going to set up a mobile security key now =)

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (575 Views)

All Replies

@Darkstorne 

try calling 0203 0141 826 at 5:00pm bst they should be open , maybe you called a fraction early yesterday as they should start around 4pm given its BST there now.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 3 (590 Views)

★★ Novice

That was it, thanks! Checked my phone log and it was 15:47 that I called. GMT time that would have been 14:47 though, as I forgot about British summer time =P Not sure why their phone message told me to phone back between 4am and 1pm though...

The staff were super friendly and solved my problem. Turns out it was my security key (physical one from launch) that was running low on battery and giving me incorrect codes. That prevented any password changes from working on the website. They removed it from my account and that fixed the issue. Going to set up a mobile security key now =)

Message 3 of 3 (576 Views)