Re: Customer Service Nightmare

by Burnt_Zombi3

Original Post

Customer Service Nightmare

★ Novice
Ally code 215-814-742

I have, over the last couple of weeks, brought for the first time in the over two years of playing Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes concerns about the latest content release and subsequent changes made to it. Sadly my concerns were never addressed and I was encouraged to just post about it in the forum, so I guess here I am. With the recent rollout of the new raid I decided to, like so many people, spend quite a bit of money on crystals to prepare only to have that content change somewhat substantially for a variety of reasons. I understand that bugs happen, and I have always been graceful and patient when encountering them. While many people have understandably interpreted the nerf of expose and Stormtrooper Han in the Sith raid as simply EA making the content more difficult to force people to spend money, I have readily defended the developers across multiple platforms- namely Reddit and Discord. Even now I stand by the developers— it’s unreasonable to expect a flawless new raid from day one, mistakes and bugs happen when rolling out something as massive as a new raid. All things considered, y’all have done a fantastic job and I applaud you. Thank you for your hard work and the dedication you have shown to Star Wars and this mobile game.

When the new content launched, I spent hours pouring over the new details of the raid, testing out in game the new characters, and watching videos put out by the EA sponsored gamechangers, I decided to to spend my hard earned money in support of the game. After spending roughly $250 and using up far more than that in long saved crystals, I learned that the mechanics of both the raid and the newly released characters would be changing (the characters due to a bug, and the raid because people were beating it too easily). I went to customer service and explained that had I known the mechanics would change so substantially I would never have spent crystals the way I had. I felt, and still feel, that the crystals I had spent in good faith to prepare for the newly released content that was changed should be returned to me at least in part. My issue lies with the complete lack of respect and and concern I received from your customer service staff when voicing these concerns. I was repeatedly told there was nothing they could do and to just post about it on the forums. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, the rep I worked with told me that my case didn’t merit getting his supervisor involved and that I should just post on the forums. As an alliance leader in a top ten guild who has spent well over ten thousand dollars on this game and has never requested so much as a cent back, the least I hoped for was some sort of apology or explanation of why I was not due any form or restitution. Mind you I didn’t, and don’t, even want finanacial reimbursement. I just wanted the crystals back that I had wasted based on the product released. I love this game and want to support it in any way that I can, even in the midst of the countless vague and confusing emails I received from the customer support staff (who mind you never actually did connect me to a supervisor). All the while they encouraged me to post in the forums, which in light of the responses given by RyDiggs today seems more like some cruel joke than ever. At this point, I can’t imagine anyone getting in contact with me to address my concerns or make any form of restitution, but I figured I might as well try.

All of that said, regardless of the lack of customer support care I have received over the past weeks, I want to thank the developers for all of their hard work and the commitment they have shown to making the game challenging and fun. I wish you all the absolute best. Y’all have an incredibly difficult job, and there are a lot of idiots out there just want to complain. Thank you and have a pleasant evening
Message 1 of 2 (307 Views)

Re: Customer Service Nightmare

★★★ Novice

I completely agree with you that at this point the customer service of this game is severely lacking. I've probably spent over $500 on this game in the past few months to suddenly have my account locked up. I've gone round and round with the support at this point only to be told they may get around to it and to not attempt to follow up on the ticket. I've now lost out on BB8, I've lost two TW which would have finally landed me Han Solo, I would have gotten GK shards, and now to find out the rebels I've been grinding and working on for months I'm now missing out a chance to get CLS. 

I feel you. The amount of money and effort we put into this game only to be given the brush off is infuriating. 

Message 2 of 2 (292 Views)