Crossplay game chat won't stream on Twitch

by latourist

Original Post

Crossplay game chat won't stream on Twitch

★★★ Newbie

Crossplay voice chat works fine streaming on Twitch for other games (like COD), and Playstation Party as well as PC to PC gamechat streams just fine to Twitch, as well. For some reason the in-game chat will stream my in-game voice (on PS4) but will not stream the voice of my teammates on PC. It doesn't seem like there's a privacy toggle for sharing in-game chat, so I'm wondering what the problem is here?

Message 1 of 12 (6,208 Views)

Re: Crossplay game chat won't stream on Twitch

★★★ Newbie

Did you ever find a way to fix this?

Message 2 of 12 (5,895 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue here. I've noticed that in-game chat is routed to headsets, but isn't routed to the tv speakers. Twitch streams will basically pick up the same audio that is played on tv speakers. We need to get game chat routed to both headset & tv speakers for the stream to pick up in-game chat audio.

Message 3 of 12 (5,621 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ah, thats so annoying! I want to stream APEX from my PS5 and have the chat shared, I can't afford to get a PC just to stream through a capture card for, like, 8 viewers haha!

Message 4 of 12 (5,245 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@latourist still nothing on this??
Message 5 of 12 (4,909 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@alansdeepbath So if I play scrims on apex people watching my stream can’t hear other platform players?
Message 6 of 12 (4,900 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@latourist Still waiting, any ideas guys?
Message 7 of 12 (4,249 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@latourist I found a solution that works for me but requires a capture card with output (headset) and input (microphone). If you play games like cod where there's a setting for audio to tv&speakers you'd plug audio cable into the output slot, but for Apex you'd switch it to the input slot instead. **slight caveat- you'll need an additional cable to eliminate any feedback noise you might incur. Those cables cost between $8-20usd
Message 8 of 12 (3,095 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Check out my response to original post

Message 9 of 12 (3,094 Views)

★★★ Novice

you have enough money to buy a ps5 bruh

Message 10 of 12 (3,061 Views)