Crossplay Steam & Epic

by KillerMike81

Original Post

Crossplay Steam & Epic

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

Some friends purchased the game through Steam, I purchased it through Epic. I was told this game supported crossplay, but I cannot play with them online. I can go so far as to spectate their games, but whenever I try to join them the "Join Game" option is greyed out in the menu. Crossplay is enabled in my options menu.

Message 1 of 8 (405 Views)

Re: Crossplay Steam & Epic

★★★★ Guide

Odd. Do all of you have crossplay enabled?

Message 2 of 8 (351 Views)

EA DICE Team
@KillerMike81 Crossplay is live on all platforms so you should be able to play together.

/Atic
Message 3 of 8 (338 Views)

★★ Novice

Do the others have crossplay enabled? That seems to be an occuring mishap.

BUT...

In my experience there has to be something wrong with the crossplay option. My brother and I both own the game on steam. We both have the same username in the steam- and ea-accounts. We both have crossplay enabled.

Still though, trying to invite each other allways fails and prompts to check crossplay options. So the invite fails even though we are on the same plattform, and are, as far as I know and see, using the correct credentials.

The weirdest part is, a friend of ours who owns the game on Origin can invite both of us and can receive our invites.

Message 4 of 8 (327 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the response. Yes we all have crossplay enabled. I can see them online, but when I click on them the "Join Game" option in the menu is greyed out and I cannot select it.

Message 5 of 8 (318 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Atic Thanks for the response. Yes we all have crossplay enabled. I can see them online, but when I click on them the "Join Game" option in the menu is greyed out and I cannot select it.

Message 6 of 8 (317 Views)

★★ Novice

Is there a pilot slot free in the game? If all slots are set, you cannot join in.

What about group invites? Do you have any possibility to communicate with your friends, so they can invite you to a group and start Matchmaking that way?

Message 7 of 8 (308 Views)

EA DICE Team
@MonkeyMisery are you on the same network with you brother?

Seen few issues with local network not giving unique Ips to each machine. But I assume you can play online at the same time?

/Atic
Message 8 of 8 (302 Views)