Crossplay Issues (Xbox Child Acct + PC)

by CitrusBandit13

Original Post

Re: Crossplay Issues (Xbox Child Acct + PC)

Community Manager

@Starflight001 

Thanks for the info! Thumbs up

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 11 of 36 (891 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the same issue, my son has an Xbox Child Account and I have Origin PC. He can find my Origin profile and request for friend. But nothing comes through on PC.

On the PC, when I go to look for my son's Xbox Account it can't find him. 

I checked all the account settings on Xbox to ensure online play and communication is allowed. 

Frustrating. Any ideas?

Message 12 of 36 (878 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @MaschidezinTV

Is your son's Xbox account connected to the same EA Account you're using to play Apex Legends on PC? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 13 of 36 (865 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hi @EA_Kent,

I checked my EA account and I have a user profile under my name on the Xbox under my Xbox GamerTag. The Xbox Gold account is under me for that Xbox.

His Xbox GamerTag account is not connected to my EA Account. But thinking about it, I am not sure. I tried to create a new EA account under his Xbox gamertag, but found out that gamertag is

in use. Well, low and behold it appears his Xbox gamer tag is associated with my account. When I tried to login with that game tag, I used the forgot password feature and I got the email for password reset under my EA account email address. But I see nothing in the EA account settings to indicate that. 

So let break this down:

Xbox Setup

Adult Xbox GamerTag (me) linked to Child Xbox GamerTag (my son) under Family Settings.

EA Account

Adult EA Account linked to Adult Xbox GamerTag (me)

It appears that the Child Xbox GamerTag is linked to the Adult EA Account by association of the Xbox setup?

I tried to de-link the Adult EA Account linked to Adult Xbox GamerTag (me), but I could still play with the Child Xbox GamerTag without the need to re-connect to EA Account.

If I try to play Apex on the Xbox with Adult Xbox GamerTag (me), then I get the warning on login to connect to the EA account.

CrossPlay Settings in Xbox

In the game settings, Crossplay setting is greyed out, meaning you can't enable or disable it. The setting is enabled, but you can't undo it.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks, 

Maschi!

Message 14 of 36 (861 Views)

Community Manager

@MaschidezinTV 

I see, thanks for the details!

If the accounts are connected to the same EA Account, I'm afraid it would not be possible to send an invite between them. The system would not allow an invite to be sent between two accounts that are connected to the same EA Account, I'm afraid. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 15 of 36 (828 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@EA_Kent 

Thanks Kent. I figured out my son has an underage EA account linked to my parent EA account. 

Do you know if Apex will allow for invite under the same EA account in the future?

I know Apex Crossplay is technically still a beta, so maybe they can add in this functionality. 

Message 16 of 36 (819 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello again, 

Yes, I have double-checked all the permissions are allowed. He still has the same problem, unfortunately. 

Jill 

Message 17 of 36 (813 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Starflight001 Thank you. I've just replied to Kent. I followed everything in your link and double-checked. Still the same issue for him, unfortunately.
Message 18 of 36 (813 Views)

Community Manager

@jilli1003 

Thanks for following up!

Can we try out some connectivity troubleshooting to see if this might actually be connection-related? A good place to start off would be with the basic connectivity steps over at the EA Help website. If you're still seeing the same issues after that check out the Xbox-specific steps as well. 

Let me know how that goes once you've had the chance to try it out. Thanks again, 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 19 of 36 (782 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the exact same issue. Bought an Xbox to play apex with my son but never gets the friend request either from PC or Xbox. We are not using the same accounts and I turned off all security on his account. Still not working. We can both play apex fine and I can play with PC friends, and  he can play with Xbox friends, but there is no way to play cross plattform PC to Xbox.

We can play Fortnite cross platform so clearly this is an issue with Apex specifically.

Message 20 of 36 (713 Views)