Re: Cross play problems

by PJBurrows1991

Original Post

Unable to find crossplay friends

★ Novice

My fiancé downloaded the game on her switch, made her own EA account and we added each other however we don’t show up on each other’s friend list. I also realized that I can’t find any of my friends that I could previously play with unless they have the same system

Message 61 of 175 (2,097 Views)

Nintendo switch cross plattform adding problem

★★★ Newbie

Hi, i am having proplems, with adding my friend in Apex. Im on PC and i want to add my friend who plays on switch. If i look up his name on find friends, i find him, but no friend request is sent to him. Same on his side. Is this because Apex for switch is very new? 

Message 62 of 175 (2,191 Views)

Re: Nintendo switch cross plattform adding problem

Community Manager

Hiya @uns4mpled-Twitch 

Are both you and your friend showing linked to Origin and Switch accounts here under Linked Accounts?

EACade
Message 63 of 175 (2,179 Views)

Re: Unable to find crossplay friends

EA DICE Team
Hey @Yankel92 what plattform are you playing on and is stuck in a underage age account state?

/Atic
Message 64 of 175 (2,084 Views)

Cross play problems

★★★★★ Guide

I’ve set up an account for my daughter on the switch. As she is under age I’ve had to use my email address. We have tried adding each other as EA friends but we can not find each other. I’ve gone on to my EA account and she is not showing up as a connected account. I added my friend (from her account) but he has not received a notification. 
I thought maybe it is because I have not verified the email address so I tried doing that and it says there is an error. 

Message 65 of 175 (2,111 Views)

Community Manager
@PJBurrows1991 To confirm is the account on the switch or the connect EA Account a child account?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 66 of 175 (2,096 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@EA_Illium I made it on the switch but then I had to set up a child account for EA (on the switch). I received an email from EA asking for permission for my daughter to create an account.
Message 67 of 175 (2,091 Views)

Re: Cross platform Friend finding issue

★★ Novice

Hi I have the same problem with my 2 sons. One is on PC and the other on Switch. The Switch can send friend invites to the PC but the PC doesn't receive them. Also the PC is not able to find the Switch player so we can't send invites from the PC to the Switch. Crossplay is activated for both machines and Apex is whitelisted in the Switch parental app. Additionally I raised the Switch parental restrictions to Teen level. I contacted EA help on twitter but after looking it up they recommended that thread

Message 68 of 175 (2,121 Views)

Apex Legends Crossplay

★★★ Newbie

HELLPPP me.  Ever since the new Crossplay with Apex Legends came out I could never add my brother as a Friend.  Even if we are in the same party I send him a friend request and it doesn't pop up in his lobby.  He even did the same thing for me if he sends me a friend request it won't pop up.  I checked everything on the friend's menu and for both of ours's it says Crossplay invites: Display.  There is one thing that I noticed in the settings.  When I scroll down to crossplay on the Nintendo switch I cannot change to  Disabled or Enabled.  The choice is just locked. Can someone please help me with this problem

Message 69 of 175 (2,126 Views)

Re: Apex Legends Crossplay

Champion (Retired)
Hi @darkamnesia73

I would make sure both yours and your friends devices are both up to date with the latest software etc.

I don't know much about Apex but this link might help you out: https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/apex-legends/apex-legends/apex-legends-cross-play/
Message 70 of 175 (2,119 Views)