Cross Plat Lobby Game Chat Not Working

by torijekay

Original Post

Apex Cross Play Voice Chat Volume Issue

★★★ Newbie

I was playing Apex Legends with my xbox friend and playstation friend, im on playstation.  In game chat, my ps friend is easy to hear, however my Xbox friend is really quiet.  It seems like hes muffled, cuz when he yells, its quiet. Both my ps friend and xbox friend can hear me ok, but me and my ps4 friend can barely hear our xbox friend.  But he can hear us fine.  The game master volume is maxed, the console mic audio is maxed, it seems like a game issue.  It could be because its beta, just wanted to let Respawn/EA know.

Message 21 of 77 (6,244 Views)

Crossplay Audio

★ Novice

Hi, I’d like to know how to fix the bug for crossplay - I can’t hear my xbox friend or pc friend in the lobby at all nor can i hear them in-game. Please, how do i fix this? we’ve been waiting months to play together . 

Message 22 of 77 (4,182 Views)

Re: Xbox mic is quiet for crossplay

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem i play on xbox and everyone says I'm too quiet when im speaking but when I get invited to a party they say they can hear me way better so they keep on saying my microphone is too quiet

Message 23 of 77 (4,127 Views)

Re: Crossplay in-game Voice Chat not working

★★★ Newbie

Sameeee my I can’t hear my friends on other platforms it sucks because not hearing the was the main point you know besides playing together I really hope EA fixes this !!!

Message 24 of 77 (4,035 Views)

Re: Game Chat not Working at all for me since update

★★★ Newbie

I'm facing the same issue on my PS4 console since the season 4 update. While I play from my brother's account obviously on the same console it's all fine , I can hear people and they can hear me too. It works in the party but cross play doesn't allow pc people to the party. NEED HELP ASAP !!!

Message 25 of 77 (3,948 Views)

Crossplay mic chat

★★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Royalty_31
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Bangalore
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Anyone
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Both maps.
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Mic looks in use for XB1 players. Unless im in a premade squad with them i can not hear them
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 11.02.20 04:15
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Can not hear xb1 voice coms
What should be happening instead? Hearing xb1 players mic audio.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Solo que via ps4 with a random xb1 player

Please fix crossplay in game chats

Message 26 of 77 (3,932 Views)

★ Apprentice

Cannot hear cross platform chat.  Xbox users I can hear fine, PS4 are always silent, even if the other Xbox players can hear them.

Message 27 of 77 (3,890 Views)

Voice chat issue

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Dolcenmarijuana
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Bloodhound
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. The whole map
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Whole match
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? It's been an issue since like cross play
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't hear my teammates thru voice chats. I can see people are talking but I can't hear anyone
What should be happening instead? I should be able to hear my teammates
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Idk play the game on my account?

I would really like to hear my teammates. It makes it hard to play as a team.

Message 28 of 77 (3,684 Views)

Re: Voice chat issue

★★★ Newbie

Same issues for me except I can hear and talk with people that have the same console as me, PS4, but never Xbox players.

Message 29 of 77 (3,669 Views)

Community Manager

Hi, I know this is a generic response, but this is being looked into. Long sessions can be a factor, so a periodic client restart may help. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 30 of 77 (3,798 Views)