Cross Plat Lobby Game Chat Not Working

by torijekay

Original Post

Fix voice chat volume

★★★★★ Newbie

The volume of the voice chat should be adjustable. The volume is too low for some players and too high for others. There is no way to manage the volume and sometimes it is impossible to hear your partner.

Message 11 of 77 (40,760 Views)

Crossplay in-game Voice Chat not working

★★★ Newbie

Hi, people. 

So I play in PS4 and I have been eager to play with my buddies from XBOX ever since crossplay has been announced. When the crossplay finally became a thing in Apex, I was not able to hear them in the in-game voice chat. We could see that we were trying to talk to each other because we saw the voice chat mic symbol thing going off, but, alas, we still could not hear eachother. When we played trios, we were both matched with someone who also played in PS4. I, a PS4 player, could hear our third person, but my XBOX buddy couldn't.

If anyone could guide me to fix this problems, please do so, otherwise help me boost this so we can reach the Devs so they could come up with a solution ASAP. 

Thank you for your time, and I hope that the devs could fix this fast so we could enjoy a better gaming experience. (:

- AmbroseDelaV (PSN)

Message 12 of 77 (41,768 Views)

Re: Mic is really quiet

★★★ Newbie

I have this same problem with game chat when I try to talk to my friends on PS4 when I'm on PC.  I try to turn up everything outside the game but nothing seems to work. It will often go loud at random times like if I stop talking for a bit then start again or when I join the game . I definitely think this is a problem with the game as I sound perfectly fine in discord.

Message 13 of 77 (41,596 Views)

Crossplay mic issues

★ Novice

I am on ps4 and with the cross play I am unable to hear anyone who is on xbox. I'm not sure about pc today but PC's mics were working yesterday. How do I fix this? Or is this a bug issue that they need to figure out?

Message 14 of 77 (41,622 Views)

Not hearing teammates

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Nathanmar2005
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? LifeLine
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? Loading into the match from the lobby
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. when you are choosing which legend to use
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Choosing a character
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 2
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) A week ago
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't hear my teammates
What should be happening instead? Hearing my teammates
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try loading into a match

Whenever I join a match I cannot hear my teammates talk when they have a mic. The icon shows up saying that they have a mic and are talking but I can't hear a thing. This has been happening for a while and I don't know how to fix it.

Message 15 of 77 (41,508 Views)

Xbox mic is quiet for crossplay

★★ Apprentice

I am a playstation player on apex and I am super happy that apex finally went cross play. But since the update, my friend who is a Xbox player joins our squad and her mic is always super quiet compared to playstation players

Message 16 of 77 (41,526 Views)

Cross plat game chat not working

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Unlucky in HD
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. WassHannin_49
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? All of them
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? All of them
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Main menu
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Sitting in lobby
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) October 12th 2020
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I can’t hear anyone playing on PlayStation and I play on Xbox
What should be happening instead? Gamechat should work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just load up the game and join a cross plat lobby

I can’t hear any gamer on PlayStation. 

Message 17 of 77 (41,507 Views)

My mic wont work on apex XB1

★★★ Newbie

So this has been going on for a while my mic still is not working i see my mic icon in game chat other people are talking i can hear them but none can hear me....i have tried to clear my mac settings i hard restarted my xbox iv updated my controllers iv got a new mic iv uninstalled the game my settings are fine my mic works in every other game i play and in party chat who has the fix please help

Message 18 of 77 (41,436 Views)

Re: No Audio in Lobby with Friends

★★★★ Novice

Randomly occurs, no chat audio in lobby, with friends, whether they're on the same console or a different one than me. Other audio is unaffected.

Message 19 of 77 (41,384 Views)

Re: Cross Plat Lobby Game Chat Not Working

★★★ Newbie
@torijekay My friend has this exact issue we have tried everything we can think of.
Message 20 of 77 (41,305 Views)