Re: Cross Plat Lobby Game Chat Not Working

by thedeeda85

Original Post

In Game party chat not working in Lobby

★ Novice

I am on PS4 and have 2 friends on Xbox when I recently played with them we could not chat in the lobby we all had mics and could hear each other in game but in between each match we could not chat.

Message 71 of 77 (818 Views)

Game chat not working on apex (PC)

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform: Steam on PC
Please specify your platform model. 
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? BustahNug
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? Discord?
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Octane
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match) In lobby and in game
Which part of the map or menu were you in? Everywhere, my voice chat does not work at all
What were you doing when the issue occurred? . Can't hear or talk to members. Friends play on Xbox and PC, I can hear them, but nothing comes out of my mic
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No, they can talk fine, and I can hear them, but they can't hear me
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0 games, my voice chat has not been working since the beginning of playing
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 3/25/2021
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to talk and no one can hear me. When using open mic, nothing comes out. When using Push 2 Talk I see my mic symbol moving in game, but no one can hear anything I'm saying
What should be happening instead? When I talk, my teammates should hear me 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I stream. I can show you. Whenever I talk whether it be on Open Mic or Push 2 Talk, I can show the bar over the Threshold, it does not move ever

Game chat won't work at all for me. I've tried reconfiguring my default recording and playback devices to be my mic, I've tried different usb ports on my computer (I have my headset (sennheiser 58x) and mic (Audio Technica 2020) plugged into my Focusrite scarlett 2i2), It works on all other apps and games, except for Apex

Message 72 of 77 (788 Views)

Re: Cross Plat Lobby Game Chat Not Working

★★ Novice

I am having the same exact issue. Join up with friend who is on PS4 and then I can’t hear him or  our random 3rd and they can’t hear me. Was there ever a solution found for this issue?

Message 73 of 77 (616 Views)

Re: XBOX VOICE CHAT NOT WORKING

★ Novice

I have this problem as well.  It doesn’t matter who I am playing with.  I can not hear any one when trying to play cross platform and obviously they can not hear me.  It is quite frustrating 

Message 74 of 77 (533 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’ve been trying all day to comment but I guess I can only reply to the comments. Anyway, I’m having issues with hearing other players when trying to play CrossPlay. I play with a switch and my husband with the Xbox, but neither of us can hear each other. When he plays he can only hear people who have an Xbox. 

Message 75 of 77 (462 Views)

Re: Crossplay in-game Voice Chat not working

★★★ Newbie

Have them xhange there viice settings on xbox

Message 76 of 77 (437 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m having this same issue, I’m on Xbox series X and whenever crossplaying with PlayStation, switch, and pc, my voice breaks up and they can’t hear me. 

Message 77 of 77 (268 Views)