Credentials Expired?

by gothspice16

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Credentials Expired?

★★★ Newbie

For about a week now I haven't been able to get into my Origin account, so I haven't been able to play the games I've spent hundreds of dollars on. I had to make a new account just to ask this question. Whenever I try to log in, it says my credentials are expired or incorrect, but I know they aren't incorrect, so how could they have expired? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Origin, I've tried clearing my Origin cache, but nothing is working. I've been trying to connect to someone in the live chat for three days now but it won't connect to anyone after hours and hours of waiting even though it says ETA is 5 minutes. I don't know what to do and I'm getting really upset. Does anyone know what I can do? The account I'm trying to access is Pachincha.

Message 1 of 8 (16,357 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Credentials Expired?

Community Manager

@gothspice16 Hi, are you able to use the password reset option?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/how-to-retrieve-your-password-or-origin-id/

If this is ineffective, can you try swapping to a different browser? Sometimes local software can prevent the chat contact from going through, and using a fresh browser may help. 

In the same vein, perhaps using a different device may help. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (18,127 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@gothspice16 Hi, are you able to use the password reset option?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/how-to-retrieve-your-password-or-origin-id/

If this is ineffective, can you try swapping to a different browser? Sometimes local software can prevent the chat contact from going through, and using a fresh browser may help. 

In the same vein, perhaps using a different device may help. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 8 (18,128 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem, with a different account! I tried to reset the password but I am not getting the email to reset the password and I have tried it at least 10 or more times and still no password email. I have a game on that other account and I am really disappointed I cannot access it! Please help!

Message 3 of 8 (16,037 Views)

Community Manager

@DeceptionV Hi, did the mails come in the end. As above it's always worth checking spam/trash folders. 

If you have no luck with this, you can reach out to support, they can look into the account and figure out what's going wrong. They can also help with any necessary changes. 

http://help.ea.com/en/article/contact-ea-help/

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 8 (16,000 Views)

★ Novice

Same problem. Only thing is the email we need to access has been deactivated by the service provider. So we can't even get the 'change password' email. We have gone on multiple EA help chats, called and put in at least 5 case help pages but still nothing. No one will help us. All we want is to change the old one to our primary one and we can't even do that. We've filled in all the details corretly. Double checked with an EA representative on the phone and everything. I just want my Dragon Age Keep custom worlds. Is that tok much to ask? 

Message 5 of 8 (9,790 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know right? I payed so much money for the Sims on my other account but now since my credentials have "expired", my money has been wasted.

Message 6 of 8 (8,532 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem it won't let me sign in to origin says sign in is unavailable and when I try to get in my EA account on ea's home page won't let me sign in gives me the whole credentials have expired thing even tho I just logged in to origin and EA a few days ago idk what to do.

Message 7 of 8 (8,087 Views)

Community Manager

I'm locking this thread as it is quite old.

For the issue you are seeing the best thing to do when this occurs takes a couple of minutes to go through the following steps:

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 8 (8,044 Views)