Re: Createtexture2D failed to create desktop

by deftertax911036

Original Post

Createtexture2D failed to create texture

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Whenever i try to change graphics settings and leaving a game i get CTD with the Createtexture2D error.

So far i've tried repairing the game, updating drivers, updating windows 10, increasing page file size, cleaning registry with CCleaner, uninstalling and reinstalling Origin, setting EasyAntiCheat to low priority, decreasing graphics settings from 8GB to 6GB, running a clean boot, and NOTHING has worked. This is the only game on my system that is giving me any issues, i swear my modded Fallout 3 run is more stable than this.

EDIT: I'm running an Intel i5 4440 3.1 Ghz, AMD RX 590 8GB, 8GB RAM, 400 GB HDD, 2TB external HDD on which both Origin and Apex Legends are installed.

Message 1 of 10 (2,558 Views)

Champion
@deftertax911036 Hello you can try to turn off Nvidia ShadowPlay and then repair your game.
You can also try increase virtual memory:
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/how-to-manage-virtual-memory-pagefile-windows-10,36929.html

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 10 (2,518 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EzyHawkSorry, i forgot to specify i run an AMD RX 590 8GB, also i have already tried increasing virtual memory, that's what i meant with "increasing page file size".

Message 3 of 10 (2,492 Views)

Champion
@deftertax911036 Have you tried to roll back your GPU drivers to an earlier release?

Message 4 of 10 (2,465 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EzyHawk I did that following this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Tkh7qzNy4s, then it started crashing right after i pressed start before entering the main menu, i updated GPU drivers again, and now it's back to crashing on settings menu and leaving the game like before i rolled back.
Message 5 of 10 (2,443 Views)

Champion
@deftertax911036 Have you tried to disable Freesync from AMD Radeon software?

Message 6 of 10 (2,426 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's already disabled, it says my GPU does not support it.

Message 7 of 10 (2,409 Views)

HELP NEEDED ASAP

★★★ Newbie

PLEASE HELP ASAP!

---------------------------
Engine Error
CreateTexture2D Failed to create texture __precomputedshadowtexture with HRESULT 0x8007000e:
width: 4096 height: 4096 mips: 1 copies: 1 imgFormat: 0x29 flags: 0x1080000

OK

i tried reinstalling first the game i did that twice then i reinstalled my whole pc and redownloaded all the drivers i updated the motherboard and windows aswell.

neither of these worked please help all i ever wanted to do was play Apex Legends and i cant

pc specs:

ryzen 5 1400 

8gb 2400mhz ddr4 crucial ram (1 stick)

rx 570 (4gb) sapphire

os windows 10 update 1909

the game is installed on an ssd

Message 8 of 10 (2,399 Views)

Re: HELP NEEDED ASAP

★★★ Newbie

dx diag attached

Message 9 of 10 (2,386 Views)

Re: HELP NEEDED ASAP

Community Manager

Hey @mate1018M4

Looking through the DxDiag you attached it appears that the Windows Desktop Window Manager has been crashing. This is the process that manages the graphics and visual effects within Windows, but I'm wondering if these crashes may be related to what's happening with Apex Legends. 

When you have the chance can you try running the Windows System File Checker to see if that makes any difference for you at all? If there's an issue with missing or corrupted system files in Windows that may help fix this. 

Let me know if that makes any difference for you at all. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 10 of 10 (2,340 Views)