Original Post

Crazy/Unrealistic Transfer Window - Career Mode

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: FIFA 18
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? MasMatthew
Which mode has this happened in? Career Mode
Which part of the mode? Career mode - manager
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a new career mode and let the madness unfurl
What happens when the bug occurs? Absolute mayhem is what occurs. Each new transfer window that comes around brings with it some absolutely crazy transfer activity. Now it's better than last years pathetic attempt at a Fifa installment but this isn't how the real world transfer window behaves. For example, Tottenham and Dortmund are systematically pillaged for all their best players. In the very first transfer window of my first career mode, Tottenham sold Vertonghen, Rose, Trippier, Davies, Dier, H.M Son and Kane, in one bloody window! The same happened to Dortmund with their best players. That BS would never happen. Now as a West Ham fan I love to see Tottenham suffer but I expect realism from a triple A sports game and playing against a limp Tottenham side isn't very exciting.
What should be happening instead? The AI should be able to detect what players are important to each club and be able to manage the window so the resulting transfers are frequent but also realistic

How has this not been picked up? This happened in my first career mode season attempt meaning that you should have seen this during even a brief testing period before the game went live. If you want to hear helpful feedback from your customers, here's mine. Buy NBA 2K18 and see how a sports simulation game is supposed to work and then finally give us a career mode worth the money we pay every year for Fifa.
Message 1 of 7 (4,850 Views)

Re: Crazy/Unrealistic Transfer Window - Career Mode

★ Apprentice
Experienced the same on PC version. Unfortunatley I had disabled first transfer window so when I noticed this I had spent so many hours already. Career mode is unplayable as is.
Message 2 of 7 (4,745 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Yeah same. I spent hours craftIng my new look West Ham team hoping to have some awesome derby battles with Tottenham but they up and went and sold everyone! So lame.
What I used to do in Fifa 17 was sign players on free transfers and then in the following January window I would offer a player swap for one of a said team's useless players for the amazing one I signed for free and then release the useless one from my team in order to make the teams more balanced in the long run.
Sounds desparate I know but I'm a Career Mode addict! 😄 Trouble is you can't do that this year as even when offered an amazing player, most teams say "we are looking for (insert random position)" and don't what the player I offered, plus you can only release two players per year now. My game manipulation no longer works!
Message 3 of 7 (4,699 Views)

★★★★ Novice
In Fifa 17, when i found an unrealistic transfer, i stopped them by try to sign the players and then reject it when they agreed to join my team, and somehow it worked and they stayed at the original club.

But somehow i can't find any ways to do the same or similar methods to prevent an unrealistic transfer like Marco Reus to Burnley.

Is there any option to stop this?
Message 4 of 7 (4,684 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Etiennecaesar. I used to do that too. I would put the leagues best/most often transferred players on my shortlist and outbid any other club and force the player to stay.
I tried it on Fifa 18 but haven't had any luck. Think the new system doesn't allow for it anymore which is a shame.

The most crazy transfers I've seen so far have actually been loan deals. Some teams will loan out their star player to another team even though he's their best player and/or the only first team player in that position.
They obviously added the feature as on the last Fifa there were never any high profile loan deals but the AI just ain't doing it right and it's making it unrealistic.
Message 5 of 7 (4,659 Views)

★★★ Newbie
any news about this issue? is there a patch on its way???
Message 6 of 7 (4,350 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Also after a season or 6, top teams seem to end up with all bad players while your own squad is top team worthy. So when you improve swansea to a top team with 85 to 90 players, clubs as man u end up with 60 something rated players as do several other top teams. This made the second best team in the pl bournmouth with 75 rated players
Message 7 of 7 (4,308 Views)