Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Crashing to desktop within minutes of of playing since today's patch

by XxTripleBeamxX

Original Post

Crashing to desktop within minutes of of playing since today's patch

★★★★ Novice

Since today's patch I can't stay in game longer than 10 minutes. Game freezes for about 2 seconds then closes to desktop. I haven't had this issue since today's patch. I've repaired the game like 3 times, installed today's release of Nvidia graphics driver. Uninstalled and reinstalled Anthem and nothing helps. I have no issues with any other games, no hardware or software changes since today's update. Anyone else having issues with the game randomly crashing to desktop? 

Message 1 of 8 (256 Views)

Re: Crashing to desktop within minutes of of playing since today's patch

Hey @XxTripleBeamxX

Sorry to hear this is happening.

Here are a few steps you can try:

1. Turn off the Origin in-game Overlay in the Origin Launcher

2. Clear Origin Cache: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

3. Uninstall Origin: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

4. Clean Boot: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

5. Run Origin and Anthem as Administrator

Try these steps and let us know if this helps.

Thanks Standard smile 

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

DICE Friend

EA Game Changer

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 2 of 8 (250 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just to update. I uninstalled Anthem and Origin, restarted my pc and reinstalled Origin and Anthem, made sure they both were ran under admin and so far no crashes.

Message 3 of 8 (225 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I am on PS4.  I only played for two hours after the patch today (I did not play beforehand - I'm chasing Arbalest so I was focusing on that).

Downloaded the patch.  As I said, I played for only two hours, so take it with a grain of salt.  I started by playing the new stronghold.  Game performed well.  Did not crash at the expedition screen.  Also, it proceeded normally - I did not end up where it freezes and I can only skip the screens and go straight to my backpack.  A couple of things - when it shows the 4 javelins and cycles through the experience, my javelin was not there (missing man formation lol), but was in someone else's slot on-screen.  Didn't matter - no legos and any Elysian treasure showed up.  After, out of my choices there was no longer the option to go straight to the forge.  I haven't checked the patch notes yet, so that may have been removed.

Also, I had no legendary contract options appear for the 2 hours I played.  This was from approximately 1600h-1800h EST.  I could pick GM1-GM3 still, but just regular contracts.  My Daily stuff (ie E-key quest: world events x 3) did show up.  Leaving contracts, I never recieved the pilot error (for me that's a first), but I did recieve an "unknown error" message at a loading screen returning to the Fort.  Didn't affect anything, and I just hit X to make it go away, but that was it.

Tried GM1 Freeplay at length, but flew around for some time with only one event spawning.  Halfway through I got kicked that said the server was no longer available (I never recieved the usual 2-hour timer message at any point), but I guess it could be because the servers couldn't handle the volume of player traffic after the update.  So I went back and finished the Arbalest quest in D2 Forsaken.  Great fusion rifle but the cinematics make me think of a blow gun that is firing ironing needles.  

The weather in my area of the Great White North is supposed to be crappy so I'll likely try a lengthy play of Anthem tomorrow and see how things go (it's great being on nights at work this week, and I'm an insomniac to begin with so I have full days to do whatever).  I'd like to have at least one ay this week to get out on two wheels, but it looks like better weather here for th end of the week.

Meh.

Message 4 of 8 (203 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yay!  Online now.  Lego contracts appeared.  Loaded Brin's.  Javelin appears with existing armor selection, but original default colours.  Oh well.  Launch and

Crash.  Error retrieving pilot data.

Crash again.

You have lost your connection to Anthem servers.

Crash again.

Error retrieving pilot data.

You have lost your connection to Anthem servers.

Modem good.  Other games work.

Are the servers down?  It's 0950h EST.

Message 5 of 8 (187 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well the crashing has come back. Game ran fine all day, hop back on after about 3 hours and constant crashes. I'm fine if I stay in the Fort but once I go and do anything else in game within 5-10 minutes the game crashes to dektop. No pop error or anything, just crash to desktop. So I decided to uninstall and reinstall Anthem and Origin like I did yesterday and it didn't help.

I've never had a problem with Anthem up until this last patch, now I can't even play the game.

Message 6 of 8 (148 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same here. Seriously this game is total garbage.

Just close it and launch it when you have hired decent dev or just closed it forever.

Message 7 of 8 (135 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I agree to a point. They seriously need to look at everything about this game and fix it all. People have put in tickets and have complained about how they are unable to play due to random crashing.

We shouldn't have to uninstall the game, uninstall Origin, safe uninstall our gpu drivers and reinstall everything in hopes that it fixes whatever it is that is broke in the game. I have done these steps and yes it may fix it for a few hours to maybe a day like in my situation but the problem eventually comes back.

I love this game but it seems like I may have to step away from it for awhile in hopes that new patches fix the crashing and the game.

Message 8 of 8 (117 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help