Re: Crashing to desktop on Battlefront 2

by Papachile

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

So do you think the SWBF2 Development team will be able to provide a fix?

Message 21 of 30 (2,115 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic the same thing is happening with me. I play Galactic Assault and Capital Supremecy and bother crash.

When Geonosis came out, I had this crash then a hot fix came out by EA. 

Then same with Geonosis CS, which I believe a fix came out again. Then Kamino CS and it's stayed a crashing mess. Was a bug inadvertently introduced in Geonosis put back in inadvertently when Kamino was reintroduced in CS and now with the new Thread CS? 

We need help. I posted my DXdiag last night.

Message 22 of 30 (2,111 Views)

EA DICE Team

We have an update regarding crashing with today's update here. 

Topic: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Where-are-those-Droidekas-Deployment-Latest-Info/m-p/7977...

Hello there,

Wanted to drop you a quick note to give you some updates on today's update deployment. We had some initial issues with stamina values as well as the ticket counter in HvV. Both of these were fixed earlier on this afternoon via some server side tweaks.

The primary issue that we are currently tracking revolves around a crash that is occurring within Capital Supremacy while playing on Naboo. We know that this is affecting all three platforms and happens during the transition phase between ground and ship.

We're currently working to resolve the issue and will bring you updates as soon as we have it.

Outside of this, we are not currently tracking any other significant issues, but as always, if you experience anything unexpected, please do let us know

/Atic

Message 23 of 30 (2,095 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic, that's good that they are looking into it from the new download and Naboo, but we've been seeing this for over a month since Kamino CS. Can you please look into that as well? Thanks.

Message 24 of 30 (2,091 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Atic Last night it crashed during the transition phase on CS Theed, which I saw that F8rge tweeted that it was being worked on, but normally it would just randomly crash during GA, my main mode of choice, for no reason and no error message, just frozen for one second then crashes. This can happen regardless of repairing the game or deleting the BFII documents folder so many times, sure it delays it from happening but it still happens at some point in the end without any real reason as to why. I also do clean installations of my graphic drivers every update for it and only install the essentials, so no 3D audio or VR driver shenanigans. This is the only game where this happens as well that I own.
Message 25 of 30 (2,035 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Agree Palpachew. I have the exact same issues.

Message 26 of 30 (2,028 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Ok, it seems that everything is fine now. I played 2 games of Galactic Assault and then 2 games of Capital Supremacy. I don't know how it fixed itself. What I did was repair the game, delete the Star Wars Battlefront 2 folder in the Documents folder. Then play the game. Then restore the folder that was originally in the documents folder. Then it wouldn't launch. So I restarted and then started playing and it didn't crash.

Message 27 of 30 (2,008 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic , We had another crash after the Theed Update.  I am attaching that DXDiag to this.  I noticed that the Origin Client was still running .  After the game crashed it went to the origin client with Battlefront 2 and other games sort of whited out.  And could not get Battlefront 2 to reload.  I looked at the Task Manager and saw that even though I closed the Origin Client, it was still running in the background.  Hit "End Task" and it went away, but still would not allow Battlefront to run even though it all was closed out.  Had to reboot the computer to get it to run again.  I hope this detail helps.

Message 28 of 30 (1,997 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Skugga-Wolf, interestingly enough that happened to me too. It didn't crash until playing CS Theed. When the shuttles were flying to the ship, crash. But that seems to be a known issue they are working on. I just hope that the rest stays fixed.

Message 29 of 30 (1,950 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Papachile Same here. Does not matter what my settings are, or if I have the latest updates, and greatest updates for my vid card, or whatever else, it always crashes on Naboo, 100% with clones, not some much the robots. Sometimes , BF2 update comes out where it is manageable, but looks like a PowerPoint presentation, but that is equally unplayable.
Message 30 of 30 (1,823 Views)