Crashing to Desktop

by Gray_Fox_1122

Original Post

Re: Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2017) crash. Help!

★★★ Newbie

same here....i thought it was my computer, which it may be. It seems most people having this issue have older GPU hardware. I only have a gtx 780 so it is really hot and 99% usage during gameplay at a smooth framerate tho

Message 41 of 266 (1,745 Views)

★ Apprentice
No, you are wrong, I have the same Issue and my computer is frozen by liquid cooling and never heats up to 40ºC.
Message 42 of 266 (1,736 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have exacly the same problem, but I got the shut downs even in the loading screen of the game, not even in the game yet, just in the starting menu where the game turns over 1800fps+ while I have all the system limited to 144fps but the game just don't follow orders from my GPU software.

Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K 3.8Ghz
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 Liquid cooling
Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z97X
RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 1866Mhz CL10
GPU: XFX R9 390X Black Edition 8GB GDDR5 512bits
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 240GB SSD
HDD: Seagate Archive 8TB 7200rpm SATA3
PSU: NOX Hummer 850W Modular 80 Plus Bronze
CASE: Aerocool xPredator Evil Black Orange
CASE Coolers: 4x Thermaltake Riing Plus 14" LED RGB fans (2x top, 1x bottom, 1x backside) ; 2x Aerocool 23" fans (front & window).

I think the problem comes from the fps regulation inside the game, because when the game is under 400fps all works ok but when it goes over 1000fps just shut down and this game on the loadings goes over 1800fps and that causes the system to shut down, I think this is because the GPU to get that amount of fps ask too much power over the PSU and overpasses the 850W that the PSU can offer, so you (EA/DICE) should cap the fps limit on the game to 350fps and that would solve this problem to everyone. I think 350fps is enough because right now the best monitor on the market can just offer 320Hz so you would need just that amount to work on it.

Message 43 of 266 (1,728 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Changing settings in GeForce Experience from Optimal Performance to Better Quality (to slow down frame rate) prior to launch fixed the lockups for me on an Acer Aspire V Nitro.

@Asantest-1983 wrote:

I have exacly the same problem, but I got the shut downs even in the loading screen of the game, not even in the game yet, just in the starting menu where the game turns over 1800fps+ while I have all the system limited to 144fps but the game just don't follow orders from my GPU software.

Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K 3.8Ghz
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 Liquid cooling
Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z97X
RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 1866Mhz CL10
GPU: XFX R9 390X Black Edition 8GB GDDR5 512bits
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 240GB SSD
HDD: Seagate Archive 8TB 7200rpm SATA3
PSU: NOX Hummer 850W Modular 80 Plus Bronze
CASE: Aerocool xPredator Evil Black Orange
CASE Coolers: 4x Thermaltake Riing Plus 14" LED RGB fans (2x top, 1x bottom, 1x backside) ; 2x Aerocool 23" fans (front & window).

I think the problem comes from the fps regulation inside the game, because when the game is under 400fps all works ok but when it goes over 1000fps just shut down and this game on the loadings goes over 1800fps and that causes the system to shut down, I think this is because the GPU to get that amount of fps ask too much power over the PSU and overpasses the 850W that the PSU can offer, so you (EA/DICE) should cap the fps limit on the game to 350fps and that would solve this problem to everyone. I think 350fps is enough because right now the best monitor on the market can just offer 320Hz so you would need just that amount to work on it.

Cheers.

Message 44 of 266 (1,565 Views)

Game crashes after 15 minutes

★★ Novice

Hello. I play Battlefront2 on Xbox one, and this issue has been going on for about three weeks now, since the most recent patch.

I can play and stay in multiplayer modes for about 15 minutes, no lag, no real issues then suddenly, the game crashes back to main menu, and I get a "error 672, you are no longer connected to EA servers" message. I log out of my profile, log back in and am able to play with no issues for another 15 minutes until it happens again. It is not my connection, and everything else works fine for other games. 

Can you please advise if there are any other fixes?

Thank you!

Message 45 of 266 (1,151 Views)

Re: Game crashes after 15 minutes

★★ Novice
anyone?
Message 46 of 266 (1,127 Views)

★★★★ Guide
I don't even get error codes when I crash.... And I crash a lot. I'm on PC though. But it's been doing this * for so many since launch essentially... I think I played 5 or less days without issue at the beginning and loving the game a lot. Then the crashes, lock ups, and BSODs started happening and they've never went away. Many, many, many have tried to figure it out and post suggestion after suggestion on here in various threads, some work for some... Others not. We are all dependent on EA just fixing the friggin game so we can use & enjoy our purchase.

Sorry it's not much of an answer. But at least it's some attention, eh?
Message 47 of 266 (1,119 Views)

★★ Novice
Does anyone on Xbox one have the same issue or is it just me? Response from developer would be nice too!
Message 48 of 266 (1,091 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Same sort of but on ps4, error 201 sends you back to menu but you are still connected, and no the developer won't respond.
Message 49 of 266 (1,054 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

These errors are all over XBox, PS4, and PC.  I've been a week unable to play.  Game doesn't actually crash for me, just gets a disconnect notice (error codes 201, 672, 710 I believe).  Tech support is worthless for this.  They tell you it's a DirectX issue, but they can't explain how the graphics interface affects internet connectivity.  They'll tell PC players to install DirectX 11... but no idea how to do that.  Know why?  It's a bogus solution.  DX12 is backwards compatible.  If you have windows 10 or any graphics card manufactured in the last few years, you're automatically at 12 and there's no Microsoft download for 11.

Message 50 of 266 (1,045 Views)