Re: Crashing to Desktop

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Crashing to Desktop

★★★★★ Novice

Game just freezes in the middle of a match then crashes to desktop. 

Message 1 of 10 (787 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @itoao 

Could you try to delete STAR WARS Battlefront II folder from your documents, use repair option in Origin and launch game as admin?

Let us know if that helped Fingers crossed

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 10 (764 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @itoao 

I just wanted to ask if you're still experiencing game crashes or removing the folder solved the issue for you? Standard smile

Thanks in advance for confirmation.

/Ataashi

Message 3 of 10 (722 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am just getting a chance to do this now. I need to update and try to play a while to see if it continues to happen. Will update as soon as I can. 

Message 4 of 10 (702 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Ataashi  Unfortunately this is still happening. 

Message 5 of 10 (693 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have two crash dumps since I deleted and repaired. Did you want me to post them?

Message 6 of 10 (680 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team
Hey, @itoao  make sure that all drivers for windows and your gpu drivers are up to date. 

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with SWBF2 and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic
Message 7 of 10 (653 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This has been tried already. Drivers are up to date as well. No other programs running. 

Message 8 of 10 (637 Views)

EA DICE Team

Do you have killer network program on your PC and if you do have can you turn it off and then try if you get any crashing. @itoao 

Try also if a new Windows account with admin powers if the same issue is happening there. 

/Atic 

Message 9 of 10 (610 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I do not have that on my PC. I have to say all these suggestions are very basic and have not solved the issue. I can provide another DXDiag if needed. You want me to create another account?

Message 10 of 10 (577 Views)