Re: Game suddenly quits to desktop

by IFrosty704I

Original Post

Game suddenly quits to desktop

★★ Novice

HI !

Since I upgraded my config I have a very frustrating problem with the game.

When I enter the loading screen before a match the game quits to desktop without any error messages or anything just quits.

I hope somebdoy can solve this ....

(I have an AMD config with ryzen1700x and msi rx580)

Message 111 of 266 (1,123 Views)

Constantly crashing to Desktop in menus, cant even get into a match or campaign.

★★★★ Apprentice

Right so I just bought this game 2 days ago, having now spent the best part of those 2 days troubleshooting to even get the bloody thing past the initial splash screen I now have a new issue, constant and random crashes to desktop, no errors, the game just visually freezes with the sound still playing and about 5-10s later its at the desktop.

I've tried everything that's been suggested before, deleted msi afterburner, rolled back my nvidia drivers one by one for about 6 driver versions, switched to Dx11, switched to windowed, borderless and fullscreen (no difference), turned on Vsync, turned TXAA to low, turned all the settings down, turned off geforce ingame overlay, turned off origin in game, turned off windows game bar, reinstalled the game twice, repaired the game, updated windows 10 (no updates), checked for motherboard update (none that i can see)...

Finally i am now here, because i've seriously given up, i can barely get long enough in-game to change the settings before it crashes... never had any issues with SWBF1 so not sure why this is being a pain in the backside.

System specs are miles above required as well... i5 3570k, 16GB RAM, GTX780TI, no other games have any issues at all.

attached is my dxdiag, i have crashdumps but these are basically meaningless as i cant open them to see what's going wrong and without error messages have nothing to point me in the right direction.

Message 112 of 266 (1,090 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Does it leave a MDMP file in documents > star wars battlefield 2 > crash dumps? You can install windbg from the Microsoft store to view it (it is a Microsoft program to view DMP files). It will give you a code, does it say access violation - code c0000005?

Message 113 of 266 (1,110 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here with the rx 580.. you need to rollback your drivers to 17.11.4, 17.11.2 or 17.12.1

Message 114 of 266 (1,096 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@IFrosty704I wrote:

Same here with the rx 580.. you need to rollback your drivers to 17.11.4, 17.11.2 or 17.12.1

do u have any idea what nvidia drivers work?

I'm getting the exact same issue and i've rolled back all the way to 388.31, have had no response from EA or anyone else.

Message 115 of 266 (1,084 Views)

Re: Solution for crash at game launch / Alt + Tab / Windows 10 1709.

★★★ Newbie

Any tips on how to make Battlefront 2 not crash after this second patch?  I ensured in game modes are off for windows and origin, updated video card settings and still nothing.  When the patch first came out I was fine but it just stopped launching the other day.  Now it won't even display a battlefront 2 screen at all.  Thanks to anyone that can possibly help.

Message 116 of 266 (1,036 Views)

Re: Campaign crash when loading

EA DICE Team
Hey @IFrosty704I what I recommend is to download the older drivers and then remove drivers from the card. Restart the PC and then install the old driver, try to play now.

/Atic
Message 117 of 266 (1,044 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@STOPchris wrote:

Does it leave a MDMP file in documents > star wars battlefield 2 > crash dumps? You can install windbg from the Microsoft store to view it (it is a Microsoft program to view DMP files). It will give you a code, does it say access violation - code c0000005?

ohm honestly I dont know what does this mean :"D

Message 118 of 266 (1,081 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
I've had that error in the MDMP file once before. I really just think the game is poorly coded and has issues accessing memory. The error I get is an access violation error when the game tries to access memory that it should not be trying to access. I bet your other DMP files in that folder will have the C0000005 code. Mine do.
Message 119 of 266 (1,074 Views)

Re: Constantly crashing to Desktop in menus, cant even get into a match or campa

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

so i take it nobody from EA gives a damn that i've now wasted my money on the elite trooper edition when i cant even play...

ah well if no response by tomorrow i'll be filing for a refund, cant be arsed with bullcrap anymore.

Message 120 of 266 (1,079 Views)