Re: Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2017) crash. Help!

by Darth_Sivers

Original Post

Re: Solution for crash at game launch / Alt + Tab / Windows 10 1709.

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

For the gamebar,

this solution works only for Windows 10 Users in version 1703 or 1709.

Dont forget to disable the most possible programs before playing as :

MSI Afterburner, MSI Gaming App, Gamefirst, Teamviewer, Rivatuner, Daemon Tools, Killer Control Center, Razer Synapse, XFire, XSplit etc...

Disable Directx 12 in the graphic option menu of the game.

Disable Origin in Game : https://i1.wp.com/beebom.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Origin-In-Game-Settings.jpg?resize=640%2C429...

Update your motherboard on the manufacturer's Website or with this website : https://www.driverscloud.com/en/start

Uninstall GeForce Experience and AMD Gaming Evolved (Raptr).

Message 31 of 266 (2,077 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I just uninstalled GeForce experience but now I can no longer update my drivers, it always says installation failed, I can't even reinstall GeForce experience as it says the same thing, I've tried many fixes, nothings working
Message 32 of 266 (2,071 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Try ddu and then clean install the latest drivers.
If you haven't used ddu before just Google it. It's easy
Message 33 of 266 (2,056 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I’m going through this too. The game consistently crashes within 5-10 minutes of gameplay. Sometimes a minute after if crashes I get the BSOD, with a different cause each time. The only cause I’ve seen more than once is MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. I’ve tried to OC my ram, changing the timings and everything that was mentioned in this thread. Even did a clean format and install of windows 10, still crashes like clockwork.

Ryzen 1700x (3.4)
32 go Ram (2666) (16-16-16-36)
ROG GTX 1080ti
Asus Crosshairs VI Hero
Message 34 of 266 (3,134 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah I seem to crash on certain levels, Yavin, etc. I dont know why but I'd almost say the "sandy" levels. Been doing it for a few days now.. Kinda annoying

Message 35 of 266 (3,131 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sounds like your CPU is overheating. You may need to buy some upgraded cooling equipment. Download and install Core Temp (free) and see what your CPU temp is. 

Message 36 of 266 (3,042 Views)

★★★ Novice

Turning off Game Bar on Windows 10 and all it's settings worked for me - No more crashes.
Game started crashing since the first patch after early release too... Silly how something like this can cause so many issues!

Glad we've found a way around it, it was driving me insane.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/So-the-new-patch-landed-and-I-STILL-CAN-T-ALT-TAB-WITHOUT...

Message 37 of 266 (1,925 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Very Good news !

Have a good game on SWBF2 Wink

Message 38 of 266 (1,871 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If it's any help I had this problem after changing to an SSD and limiting the pagefile settings. Once I changed the setting back to "Let windows manage the pagefile" then the crashes stopped.

Have a look in your Event Viewer and see if there are any mentions of limited virtual memory when running BF2

Message 39 of 266 (2,758 Views)

Hero (Retired)

If disable the game bar didn't work,
motherboard drivers are very important to update on the manufacturer's site (Audio / LAN / Sata / Chipset)
or with this website, that automatically detects the latest versions of drivers to install: https://www.driverscloud.com/en/start

Try different versions of graphics drivers if you notice a crash or slowdowns with a newer version.
Cut ALL programs in the background before playing, many conflict with the games.
Uninstall Geforce Experience and AMD Gaming Evolved (Raptr).
Update Directx and Vcredist packs.
Copy / Paste the game folder in "Documents", delete it and restart the game

On a laptop you have to make sure of these points:
It must be left connected to the mains when you play, put on "High Performance" in the power options,
and put the .exe of the game on "Nvidia High Performance Processor" in the Nvidia Control Panel like this:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/12191i81C759DAA6FFF2AD?v=mpbl-1

Disable Origin in Game:

Open Origin
 Click on "Origin" at the top left
 Application settings
 Click on the "More" tab on the right / Origin in game
  And put on "Off" on "Activate Origin in Game"

MisterGarzok : Dice Friends / EA Moderator Battlefield FR \ Technical Issues on PC

Message 40 of 266 (1,732 Views)