Re: Crashing to Desktop, No error code

by ScoobKit

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Crashing to Desktop, No error code

★★★ Newbie

Pretty much what the title says. 

I can hop into a quick match and play for several minutes. Then it'll just randomly crash to desktop without any error code.

When trying single player I can also play for several minutes prior to crashing to desktop.  

All of my drivers are up to date. I have been playing other games all night with no problems.

I've tried the graphic settings that people have been saying fixes it, but it didn't help me. 

Anyone else having similar issues? Any fixes or advice?

Message 1 of 10 (594 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team
@ScoobKit What resolution are you playing on and could lower it to 1080 and see if that helps also lower volumetric quality settings.

/Atic

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (398 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hey, @myusernameee  make sure that all drivers for windows are up to date. 

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Star Wars: Squadrons and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Worth to reinstall the GPU drivers for your PC.

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 2 of 10 (566 Views)

★ Apprentice
@myusernameee Same thing has been happening to me. After 3 support tickets I was basically told to wait for a patch.
Message 3 of 10 (563 Views)

Hero

You can also try looking in the Windows Event Viewer for any entries happening right when the crash happens.

carbonic signature

Message 4 of 10 (557 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Carbonic This is why I come to these posts. I find one new thing to try every day. I'll check after work.
Message 5 of 10 (552 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Atic I have tried rolling back my drivers and updating them again. Under both drivers, the game crashes randomly. I have disabled all overlays and recording software. I have checked the game for corrupt files and there aren't any and I have done a clean reinstall. This is the only game that I am experiencing crashes. I have been playing other games successfully every day since this game launched. 

Message 6 of 10 (518 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@das_spetsnaz I figured I will have to wait for a patch as well, I really just wanted to post to help increase visibility for ppl like us

Message 7 of 10 (515 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Straatford87  PLEASE ADD THIS TO THE LIST OF KNOWN BUGS!  

Message 8 of 10 (455 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EA_Atic soo, still no fix for this. Updated drivers, no overclocked, lowest graphic settings. Literally everything everyone has suggested doesn't work. Why is this NOT on the list of known issues?
Message 9 of 10 (454 Views)

EA DICE Team
@ScoobKit What resolution are you playing on and could lower it to 1080 and see if that helps also lower volumetric quality settings.

/Atic
Message 10 of 10 (399 Views)