Re: Crashing on Start after Windows 10 Creators Update.

by m00nm4n777

Original Post

Re: Game keeps crashing, repeatedly (Worked fine before clean install of Windows

★ Novice

Hi, 

I'm having a similar problem.

After the Windows 10 Creators update last week the game did not start anymore. I've tried every "solution" from this forum. I even did a fresh clean Windows 10 installation. Got all the latest drivers, did a BIOS update, disabled all game overlays (NVIDIA, Windows, Origin). Sometimes i get into the main menu, but most of the time the game crashes during the loading screen.

I've been playing the game with this setup for weeks before the latest windows update, which cannot be reverted due to the clean installation -.-

Setup

Windows 10 64bit

MSI Geforce 1060 6Gb

Intel i5 2500k

Samsung 840 SSD

Message 11 of 13 (401 Views)

Re: Crashing on Start after Windows 10 Creators Update.

★★★★★ Novice

Nvidia cards:
- Go into Nvidia Control Panel, on the Adjust Desktop Size and Position page, under "Perform Scaling on Display", change "Aspect Ratio" to "No Scaling"  

This fixed it for me

Message 12 of 13 (400 Views)

Re: Game keeps crashing, repeatedly (Worked fine before clean install of Windows

★ Novice

Hi there, 

after browsing through the crash dumps in visual studio i figured that the error code has something to do with writing data. After some trial and error i came to a solution.

In the Samsung Magician Software (i'm running an evo 840 SSD)  i changed the OS Optimization settings from "Maximum reliability" to "Maximum performance". Since then i'm able to play again!

Hope this solves some problems for others.

Message 13 of 13 (333 Views)