Crashing on Samsung S10 since Dark Trooper update

by jgwestaus

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Crashing on Samsung S10 since Dark Trooper update

★ Novice

Hi SWGOH,

I am having trouble logging in on my Samsung S10 since this mornings Dark Trooper update. It will just stay at the loading screen and then do nothing. 

I have tried reinstalling the game but it wont download the update package at all!!

Anyway you can help me out before I miss some of my resets??? I can supply you my game code if needed.

Jordan

Message 1 of 11 (1,387 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Crashing on Samsung S10 since Dark Trooper update

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Pinning to the top for visibility. This is not considered an accepted solution

Hi folks, 

Thanks for reaching out to let us know you're experiencing this. Please try the following troubleshooting steps in this sequence and If the issue persists after those steps, could you grab a screenshot of the error message you're seeing and include it in your reply with your ally-code.

Troubleshooting steps:

• Close background apps
  • Check for updates: Open the App Store > Tap Updates >Tap Update beside any app that shows an available update. Ensure you have a Wi-Fi connection for any updates.
  • Restart your phone
  • Restart your Wi-Fi: (If you're not using Wi-Fi, try it with Wi-Fi). Head to Settings > General > Reset > Tap Reset Network Settings >Scroll down to see the Wi-Fi and Mobile Data sections. Now, test your connection with these steps.
  • Check date and time: If these are out of sync with your actual location, they’ll throw off your phone and they’ll need to be corrected.
    • If you’re using a VPN, disable it, then reload or reinstall your app.
    • If the time and date don’t match your actual time zone, update it and see if everything starts working as normal.
  • Clear Safari CacheClearing your Safari cache will help with certain games. Follow the steps listed in the Delete history, cache, and cookies section.
  • Reinstall the app.

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 6 of 11 (1,267 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

Same problem here. Samsung S8+. Can't load, reinstalled and restarted phone. Nothing happening. 

Please send help.

Message 2 of 11 (1,370 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue on s10. I will loose over 900 crystals today and i haven't been able to set my teams for gac. I have reinstalled multiple times. I was able to get in once today for 2 min before the game crashed again

Message 3 of 11 (1,339 Views)

★ Novice

Also having same problem on my s10 stuck on the searching for update screen tried reinstalling still wont work

Message 4 of 11 (1,300 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here, Samsung Galaxy S20 FE, won't even get past loading screen. Not a single sign of life. Kinda annoying given there was bunch going on.

Message 5 of 11 (1,288 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Pinning to the top for visibility. This is not considered an accepted solution

Hi folks, 

Thanks for reaching out to let us know you're experiencing this. Please try the following troubleshooting steps in this sequence and If the issue persists after those steps, could you grab a screenshot of the error message you're seeing and include it in your reply with your ally-code.

Troubleshooting steps:

• Close background apps
  • Check for updates: Open the App Store > Tap Updates >Tap Update beside any app that shows an available update. Ensure you have a Wi-Fi connection for any updates.
  • Restart your phone
  • Restart your Wi-Fi: (If you're not using Wi-Fi, try it with Wi-Fi). Head to Settings > General > Reset > Tap Reset Network Settings >Scroll down to see the Wi-Fi and Mobile Data sections. Now, test your connection with these steps.
  • Check date and time: If these are out of sync with your actual location, they’ll throw off your phone and they’ll need to be corrected.
    • If you’re using a VPN, disable it, then reload or reinstall your app.
    • If the time and date don’t match your actual time zone, update it and see if everything starts working as normal.
  • Clear Safari CacheClearing your Safari cache will help with certain games. Follow the steps listed in the Delete history, cache, and cookies section.
  • Reinstall the app.

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 6 of 11 (1,268 Views)

★ Novice

Hi I’m having the same problem but I use iPhone. I’ve attached a photo. I’ve not been able to login for about 16 hours now. I’ve tried everything you have recommended and nothing seems to get me back in the game. 
my ally code is - 229464619

Message 7 of 11 (1,232 Views)

★★★ Novice

Tried all of this and even reset my phones settings.

Over 24hours now and can't get past the "checking for updates " on the load screen before getting connection error message several minutes later.  

Definitely nothing wrong on my end, phone, speeds and connections are all working normally 

Message 8 of 11 (1,213 Views)

★ Novice

Hi there, 

I did all of this and still nothing. It only works when I use wifi. Various people in my guild are using various phones and networks and they are also having an issue since the darktrooper update.

I am missing plenty of payouts if I am not at home.

Regards,

Jordan

Message 9 of 11 (1,159 Views)

★ Novice

What is going on you have broken the game constant connection issues wont take much more of this plenty of.money to spend elsewhere never had a problem on my s10 since the dark trooper update 

Message 10 of 11 (1,052 Views)