★★★ Novice

Platform: Epic

Headset: Valve Index

Specs:

RTX 2070 Super

Intel i7-6700k

16GB Ram

Windows 10

I am having an issue in VR that causes the game to crash repeatedly when loading the Feet Battle and multiplayer missions. I instantly get a crash to desktop right at the end of the load just as I begin to hear sounds from the mission. The one after the clip of the ship taking off.

This can be bypassed by running the load in flat then toggling into VR mid misison, but it crashes instantly on completion too, which is a little harder to predict when to toggle back.

I have lowered all settings to low, reduced the demand on my VR such as SS and Hz and repaired then reinstalled the game.

I have not been able to solve this issue and testing it is using up my refund time.

I contacted Epic to see if I could push for more time on their refund policy as it is a fault, but they will not stretch to help me. They just say it is not their problem and to contact EA for in game support, knowing full well that testing will push me past my time. So fat lot of good they are.

Message 1 of 3 (263 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Crashing on Fleet Battle Tutorial and multiplayer

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic

Sorry I should have updated this.

None of those options where the solution sadly as I had tried them before.

However I discovered that while turning Volumetric setting down did nothing, doing so to the non VR Volumetric settings as well worked.

After that I could play the Yavin map with no crashing.

This means that there is an issue with that setting when in VR, and something seems to be carrying over from the non VR settings.

I do however still get an awful stuttering and ghosting regardless of settings when turning with the joystick (not when my turning my head, so it is not a performance or rendering issue) which leads me to believe something in the game is only activating when the camera moves via controller input and causes stutters.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (209 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hey, @LemonyNebula make sure that all drivers for windows are up to date. 

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Star Wars: Squadrons and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Worth to reinstall the GPU drivers for your PC.

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 2 of 3 (215 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic

Sorry I should have updated this.

None of those options where the solution sadly as I had tried them before.

However I discovered that while turning Volumetric setting down did nothing, doing so to the non VR Volumetric settings as well worked.

After that I could play the Yavin map with no crashing.

This means that there is an issue with that setting when in VR, and something seems to be carrying over from the non VR settings.

I do however still get an awful stuttering and ghosting regardless of settings when turning with the joystick (not when my turning my head, so it is not a performance or rendering issue) which leads me to believe something in the game is only activating when the camera moves via controller input and causes stutters.

Message 3 of 3 (210 Views)