Crashing every 1 - 2 hours everyday on the ps4 platform since february 2019

by MoNosDirtyGaming

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Crashing every 1 - 2 hours everyday on the ps4 platform since february 2019

★★★★ Pro

Hi,

I have had this issue since the release of apex, in february 2019, I am pretty sick of it tbh, i have tried every single fix in regards to it, i do not have voice to text on, and I still crash. I have tried every single recommendation and this issue persists.

What happens is I start to lag for about 1-2 seconds, then i freeze for another 2 seconds, then i lag a tiny bit more for another second and then i blue screen. 

I have been crashing every single day since the release of this game, the only work-around I have found is that if I restart my application before the 40minute - 1 hour mark, I will be able to play, or I crash. I have been doing this multiple times a day, say roughly 20 times a day, since february 2019. It is now march 2020, please can someone give me a resolution to this issue? or at least look into my account or any type of crash logs if there are any available?

I would be fine with still restarting my application every 40 minutes to 1 hour, but sometimes I still crash in the second game, before the 40 minutes have elapsed. 

The error code I am getting is ce-34878-0.

I have tried every fix available out there for that issue, it does not make a difference, I crash regardless, and I know many other ps4 players do too. 

The only thing that I can see that could possibly make a difference would be my field of view, by default it is 70, but I have it at 96. Would this be the reason for me crashing? 

I do no thave voice to text on, or any of the other stuff, I have tried reinstalling the game multiple times, I have reinitialised my ps4. The problem still persists.

Is there anything else I can do or do I just have to suffer until I get sick of it once and for all and decide to stop playing?

P.s this issue does not happen on any other game, just apex, platform is ps4. I have played apex on pc too, and I do not seem to crash on pc. 

Message 1 of 37 (2,817 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Apex PS4 Error ce-34878-0 2020

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@Reivax20zI feel your pain bro, Making a brand new account DOES indeed fix this.

Try both of these, but start with the aforementioned one please, it will be a pain, but it will be worth it, and hopefully it removes the crashing error for you like it has for me.

1. BACK UP YOUR SAVED DATA FROM YOUR GAME TO YOUR CLOUD (IMPORTANT)
2. Delete your saved data (FOR APEX ONLY) from your hard drive ONLY, and NOT YOUR CLOUD
3. Make a new account, and try to play the game, use the same settings as you have on your main account, sensitivity, video settings etc

After doing that you should not crash, but by the rare occasion that you ARE, do the following

1. Reinitialise your ps4.
2. BACK UP YOUR SAVED DATA FROM YOUR GAME TO YOUR CLOUD (IMPORTANT)
3. Delete your saved data from your hard drive (FOR APEX ONLY), and NOT YOUR CLOUD
4. Make a new account, and try to play the game, use the same settings as you have on your main account, sensitivity, video settings etc

After doing this my second account with only 1 friend, does NOT CRASH.
Also, I am not sure if this helps or reduces the impact of a crash or not but, please make sure in the settings you have "Usage Sharing" enabled so the devs get the crash logs.

IF NOTHING WORKS, REDUCE THE AMOUNT OF FRIENDS ADDED UNTIL YOU STOP CRASHING. 

View in thread

Message 9 of 37 (2,610 Views)

All Replies

Re: Crashing every 1 - 2 hours everyday on the ps4 platform since february 2019

Community Manager

Hey @MoNosDirtyGaming

One thing we've heard that may help with crashes is deleting some people from your friends list. I've seen some cases where having a lot of people added as friends seems to be related, since the crashes appear to stop after deleting some of them. 

If possible can you give that a shot to see if it makes a difference at all for you? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 37 (2,769 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@MoNosDirtyGaming Currently crashing every 28 minutes, the only thing I had changed was the menu cursor scrolling speed and the damage stacking type...
Message 3 of 37 (2,768 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@EA_Kent What if I try to play on a different account with just 1 friend added? I had tried that in the past and I still crashed.
Message 4 of 37 (2,738 Views)

Community Manager

@MoNosDirtyGaming 

Gotcha, thanks for giving it a shot. What other sort of troubleshooting have you had a chance to try so far? I just don't want to ask you to retread the same ground. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 5 of 37 (2,731 Views)

Can you fix the error code CE-34878 on apex

★★ Newbie

Can you please fix this code it driving me insane

Message 6 of 37 (2,749 Views)

Apex PS4 Error ce-34878-0 2020

★★ Novice

Hey, for a week now I have been getting error ce-34878-0 in every game of Apex Legends. I do not have any type of problem when entering the lobby or moving through the menu, however when I start a game, after the character selection phase, everything goes correctly for a few minutes and then the game freezes, I have to close the application And there the error mentioned above is indicated to me, always before the game freezes the game audio kinda bugging, just listening to the ambient sound of it and the sound of the collision of the shots with the different surfaces. This only happens in this video game, in all my accounts. I have tried to solve the problem in different ways such as deleting the application data from the console and the cloud, rebuilding the database from the safe mode, completely initializing the console, restarting licenses, turning "voice to chat" option off, reinstalling the game, disconnecting the USBs connected to the ps4. Even so, the failure continues to happen, finally to say that I have both the game and the console in its latest version. Any solution?

Message 7 of 37 (2,718 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@EA_KentI actually made a new account again last night, to try and see if I would crash, this time, I surprisingly did not, and I was playing happily for a good 2+ hours with no crashes.

I had around 900 people added on my main account, i have decided to start deleting, I am currently at around 760, going to play today and see if I continue to crash on my main account. 

I think the issue with this crash, for those who are still affected by it is caused by something to do with the in-game friends list, possibly have someone take a look at it in the bugs team? My best guess would be that since the friends list refreshes often, and people are constantly coming and going offline from a huge list of friends. I feel like the refreshes for the in game friends list are happening while I am playing (while I am running around, shooting etc),along with me playing the game physically; thus causing some sort of memory leak, which made me crash randomly?

I would also like to say, thank you for helping me fix this issue, it has been driving me crazy and has made me quit the game a good few times f or a while, but I am glad there is finally a solution to it, I really appreciate it, so thank you. 

Message 8 of 37 (2,569 Views)

Re: Apex PS4 Error ce-34878-0 2020

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@Reivax20zI feel your pain bro, Making a brand new account DOES indeed fix this.

Try both of these, but start with the aforementioned one please, it will be a pain, but it will be worth it, and hopefully it removes the crashing error for you like it has for me.

1. BACK UP YOUR SAVED DATA FROM YOUR GAME TO YOUR CLOUD (IMPORTANT)
2. Delete your saved data (FOR APEX ONLY) from your hard drive ONLY, and NOT YOUR CLOUD
3. Make a new account, and try to play the game, use the same settings as you have on your main account, sensitivity, video settings etc

After doing that you should not crash, but by the rare occasion that you ARE, do the following

1. Reinitialise your ps4.
2. BACK UP YOUR SAVED DATA FROM YOUR GAME TO YOUR CLOUD (IMPORTANT)
3. Delete your saved data from your hard drive (FOR APEX ONLY), and NOT YOUR CLOUD
4. Make a new account, and try to play the game, use the same settings as you have on your main account, sensitivity, video settings etc

After doing this my second account with only 1 friend, does NOT CRASH.
Also, I am not sure if this helps or reduces the impact of a crash or not but, please make sure in the settings you have "Usage Sharing" enabled so the devs get the crash logs.

IF NOTHING WORKS, REDUCE THE AMOUNT OF FRIENDS ADDED UNTIL YOU STOP CRASHING. 

Message 9 of 37 (2,611 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@EA_Kent Weird, my post got removed for spam, possibly because I was editing it more than once. I would like to say thank you for helping me fix this issue, it has been frustrating me and making me lose soo many games due to it. I really appreciate the help.

I think the issue with this crash which is still happening to players is to do with how the in-game friends list treats a friends list from PSN. Since if there are so many people added on a players account, and the in game friends list refreshes pretty fast (maybe often too, i don't know). I think what happens is, it is trying to constantly refresh this while I am in the game too, WHILE i am playing in the game, physically (running around shooting, looting, etc) so there is an issue with the ram shortage already, and then depending on how much free space I have on my consoles hdd, I think all this comes together in the space of an hour or less without fail, to cause some sort of memory leak.

Also, I think when other players have a lot of people added and they don't crash, maybe this is because they have it so their notifications are hidden on the console; so they do not see messages, people coming online, going offline etc. As this may play a role in the error.

Of course this is just speculation. but it would make sense.

Please could you have someone take a look at this? It would be to fix the error code ce-34878-0 permanently and I am sure a lot of other players would be grateful.
Message 10 of 37 (2,599 Views)