Crashing computer upon startup.

by MidnightTheNeko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Crashing computer upon startup.

★★★ Novice

Battlefield 5 crashes my computer upon startup. Other newer titles like Madden 19 also cause this to happen. As the game starts up, after a couple of seconds, both my monitors go black and my pc restarts. Sometimes, when attempting to launch Madden 19, the initial loading screen shows for about 20 seconds and then the same problem occurs. This does not happen with older Origin titles. I recently upgraded my graphics card from a 1060 6gb to a RTX 2070. This problem does not occur with any other games, including Steam games. I have disabled Origin In Game, I have updated my graphics drivers, and reinstalled both Battlefield 5 and Origin. My specs are a Ryzen 5 1600, RTX 2070, 16GB of PNY DDR4 2400MHz ram, ASRock AB350M, and a Corshair Gold 550 watt PSU.

Message 1 of 5 (491 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Crashing computer upon startup.

★★★ Novice
I did a clean boot and discovered that the NVIDIA Display Container LS causes the problem with my computer. Battlefield 5 works loads up to the main menu now.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (414 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

Exactly the same issue after the last BFV update.

GTX 1080 Ti

i7-8700k

16 gb of memory @ 3200mhz.

Message 2 of 5 (483 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hey, @GenSoulhx  @MidnightTheNeko , make sure that all drivers for windows and your gpu drivers are up to date. 

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Battlefield V and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Try running a CCleaner to remove old temp files and cache.

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic
Message 3 of 5 (435 Views)

★★★ Novice
I did a clean boot and discovered that the NVIDIA Display Container LS causes the problem with my computer. Battlefield 5 works loads up to the main menu now.
Message 4 of 5 (415 Views)

★★★ Novice
I have to reenable it to play other games at full framerates.
Message 5 of 5 (377 Views)