Crashing at the start in ranked matches

by Octopause

Original Post

Apex Crashing on launch / Season 15 Split 2

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Had this issue starting this split, but it started working when they removed Olympus from the playlist. Started crashing on launch again. Sometimes I see the splash screen, sometimes not. Farthest I've made it is to the 'connect to lobby' screen, then it crashed.

I have:
*No Events in Event Viewer
*No crash file in documents
*Reinstalled NVIDIA drivers

*Disabled Geforce Overlay & Steam Overlay
*Used DDU to remove drivers entirely, and reinstalled
*Tried capping fps to 60
*launched in safe mode
*Done a memory check
*Installed Apex on EA App and Steam
*Checked Temps
*Repaired/Reinstalled Easy Anti Cheat
*All other games working fine, even others with Easy Anti Cheat
*verified game files
*Deleted assets folder in %USERPROFILE%\saved games\respawn\apex
*completely reinstalled the game

*Tried DX12
*Launched the game w/o network connected, same exact thing happens
*Used a GTX 970 with the correct drivers, same issue

but the issue persists. Anyone else?
System: Ryzen 3600x, 2070super, 16gb RAM

Message 1 of 16 (404 Views)

Crashing at the start in ranked matches

★★ Novice

Since new update playstation players are experiencing a bug that hasn't yet been publicly adressed by any developer or anyone over at EAhelp, lost over 500+ rp over that issue alone and I have no idea how to hold the highest rank in the game with literally not being able to make points due to this bug, and only been losing them the past 3 days due to this bug! Need any answers or hope of a hot-fix available, it's very disheartening. EAhelp on twitter also doesn't respond to DMs or posts made asking about this issue.

Message 2 of 16 (497 Views)

Re: Crashing at the start in ranked matches

★★★★ Novice

Same here lost 600+ rp

Message 3 of 16 (473 Views)

crashing in the middle of the game

★ Novice

so since the new update im constantly crashing in the middle of the game or at the beginning of the game, idk whats going on even install a fresh windows 10 im still getting the crash 

heres my dxdiag, hope someone can give me some helps

Message 4 of 16 (424 Views)

Re: crashing in the middle of the game

★★★★★ Novice
@AqukinnnnDaisuki Throwing in my tech knowledge here, it looks like the graphics card is the culprit. The device gives out a code "0180200A"

In my honest opinion, I would roll back your graphics card to a previous version. I attached an article below that guides you through this

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/driver-rollback/
Message 5 of 16 (402 Views)

★ Novice
@YukiYukamo yeah I did try to re-install older driver version with DDU and im still getting the same problem
idk why its still happening Frown
Message 6 of 16 (382 Views)

Community Manager
@AqukinnnnDaisuki Which game mode are you in?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 7 of 16 (353 Views)

Community Manager
@Octopause Which platform are you on?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 8 of 16 (427 Views)

★★ Novice

This happens to my best friend who plays ranked with me - he is on ps5. I am on xbox series s. we are down another 300 points today just to that bug alone. 

Message 9 of 16 (413 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Illium yea same here it seems like Playstation and Xbox players are experiencing this issue . Please come up with a fix as soon as possible.
Message 10 of 16 (401 Views)