Crashing at lobby

by Syphari

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Crashing at lobby

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I knew this wasn't an issue on my end!

The brand-new NVIDIA drivers released today fixed the issue!

@EA_David  Went to go to the shop today to buy a few skins and can’t even get to the main menu. Recently automatically installed the recent update and now I can’t even get to the main menu without it crashing. If I load up and leave it at the "Click to Continue" screen it only ever stays on for 10 seconds max before crashing. If I click to get past the screen it still only lasts 10 seconds or so but then crashes at the main menu.

There are no error codes given before or after the crash and no diagnostic log is generated for me to even see what is happening to cause the crash.

Before this recent November 14 patch, my game worked perfectly, now I can't even load in.

To investigate and see if this is a local problem to try and diagnose or fix this issue I have:

1.) Reinstalled NVIDIA drivers

2.) Reinstalled the game

3.) Verified the integrity of files

4.) Turned off all PC security settings

5.) Repaired EAC service

6.) Disabled fullscreen optimizations

7.) Run as administrator

8.) Limited FPS

9.) Set EAC as low priority

10.) Ran SFC for Windows

11.) Many of the other regular "fixes", but nothing works.

Still, Apex Legends crashes on the main menu and click to continue screens. 

All my other games work flawlessly, VALORANT, Overwatch, Call of Duty, Fortnite, Destiny 2, Warframe, Cyberpunk 2077, PUBG Battlegrounds and much more work with no issues on the same machine. It is only Apex Legends that won't load. My machine works great, it's just Apex Legends isn't working at all.

After testing and seeing that Apex Legends is the only game on my machine with issues after this recent November 14 patch, I assume this isn't an issue with my NVIDIA drivers or Windows files since other games work perfectly and as expected. This seems like an issue with Apex Legends' code directly not working on some machines.

Video of the event crashing at the main menu:

https://youtu.be/sxvyKrvvrJc

Yes, I tried with all overlays disabled, and it still did the same thing, I just used the NVIDIA overlay to quickly record what was happening even when they were disabled.

Also, there is no Apex_Crash.txt being generated in my documents folder so I can't even see why it is crashing.

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel 9900k

GPU: EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra

RAM: 64 GB

SSD: 2 TB Nvme Samsung 970 Evo Plus

Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX

Power Supply: 1200 Watt Seasonic/Phanteks RevoltX

DxDiag Images:

I would really appreciate being able to gain access back to the game again as I’m completely shut out from even seeing the main menu or anything past it. Just to reiterate, before this recent November 14 patch, my game worked perfectly, now I can't even load in.

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 4 (501 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Crashing at lobby

★★★★ Novice

@EA_David This was fixed for me with the new drivers NVIDIA released today!

Apex must've used something they modified between the last update and this one for Windows 11 users with a 3080 Ti.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (380 Views)

All Replies

Re: FREEZING/CRASH SEASON 15

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Syphari 

Thread was moved so let's try some troubleshooting now.

This might be a solution to your issue:

1. Press Windows Key + R
  2. Put in %USERPROFILE%\saved games\respawn\apex and select OK
  3. Delete the assets folder
Message 2 of 4 (442 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, we peeled this off the main Freezing thread (and did a quick rename) as this does appear to be something different. 

You've listed quite a few steps already, so can you try seeing if the issue persists on an alternative user profile?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-a-local-user-or-administrator-account-in-windows-...

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 4 (414 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_David This was fixed for me with the new drivers NVIDIA released today!

Apex must've used something they modified between the last update and this one for Windows 11 users with a 3080 Ti.

Message 4 of 4 (381 Views)