Re: Crashing after a small freeze

by CrunchyPeppy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Crashing after a small freeze

★★★ Novice

(I have a system with an RX VEGA 56, and an i5 7600k)
Everytime my game gets a slight freeze (it could be in the menu, loading screen, middle of a firefight, middle of looting, etc) , it crashes, usually indicating in the windows event report as a bad module, or some faulty application name. I've done everything from downgrade gpu drivers, revert overclocks, repair game files, etc.
I really enjoy this game but these crashes make it almost unplayable for me, one happened when i was fighting the last squad. I've been scouring the forums for AGES, no fixes whatsoever. Any more recommendations? I can try a fresh install of windows, but that's a pain. Is there a recommended windows version for this game? I'm pretty desperate for a solution. I've had this bug since day 1.

Message 1 of 4 (379 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice
update: downgrading my version to a 2017 version of windows seemed to fix the issue

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (335 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice
update: downgrading my version to a 2017 version of windows seemed to fix the issue
Message 2 of 4 (336 Views)

Black screen followed up with a crash when starting apex.

★★★★★ Novice

My system specs are:

Ryzen 5 1600

Radeon RX Vega 56

16gb ddr4 3200mhz

When I start up Apex it goes threw the cinematic stuff. Then when I click on continue my screen goes black and becomes unresponsive.

Message 3 of 4 (268 Views)

★ Novice

Seems you fixed it but, when your computer frozen, when it came back u were sent to lobby with code net or code leaf? I have this exact same problem.. freezing and being sent back to lobby..

Did you seriously fixed it only with downgrading to 2017 windows? 

Message 4 of 4 (193 Views)