Crashing While Launching

by Craniaxx

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Crashing While Launching

★★★★ Novice

NFS payback crashes when I click play, it will start up for about 2 secs then shut down, ive done a safe boot and with networking enabled I can play the game but it is really really slow, around 1 fps (because GPU isn't running) and I'm thinking that NVidia is the problem. Anybody got any suggestions?

Message 1 of 42 (15,899 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Crashing While Launching

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

IVE FOUND A SOLUTION! So what I have been doing is when I'm in origin I "update game" and "repair" the game multiple times (once each before trying the game) then when I click on play and origin minimizes I click on another program or the background to have it not focus on the game; then when the game shows up as a little window on the top right of my screen I click on it and after 2 tries of doing that it has worked again! I'm not sure if this is going to work for you guys but I have found that It works for me. Let me know how it goes.

Also try combining those with restarting origin.

View in thread

Message 10 of 42 (18,545 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

I have the exact same issue. Running latest nvidea drivers. I have origin acess and i coulnd even play the game. i assumed it was because i bought it, but now its release date for deluxe editions and i cannot boot it even. 

CPU: I7-4770K (stock clocks), 16gb of ram, GTX 760 2gb GPU.

Is there a place to find crash logs? id post that if i could find it...

I see nfs payback.exe appear on the task manager for like 2-4 seconds then it just dissapears. Other origina games launches just fine

Message 2 of 42 (15,849 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Same issue here.. I click PLAY on the menu, Origin is minimized for a couple seconds and then it just switches right back to Origin again. I click play again and the same thing happens.. it will never load..

I tried running it with admin rights, did not help.

I uninstalled and re-download the entire game again and it still would never load..

just requested a refund.. Obviously it isn't even close to ready for release if it doesn't even run on some PCs...

As was mentioned above all other Origin games work just fine. There is nothing wrong with my PC or my Origin install. 

I would love to play the game hoping someone can either figure this out or EA can provide assistance.

Message 3 of 42 (15,839 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've the exactly the same issue...

The process is launched during few seconds and disappears from the task manager without any error message!

I've reinstalled Origin and Need for Speed, clean all files I can find in the ProgramData folder about the game and Origin but nothing change...

What can we provide to find a solution?

Message 4 of 42 (15,802 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same exact issue here brothers, just waiting out a solution.

Message 5 of 42 (15,793 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I see in other posts that it can be caused by the overclocking of the GPU... I'll see later if this correct the problem...

Message 6 of 42 (15,775 Views)

Community Manager

@lcemman@Craniaxx@CherryJDM@Laithan@Frank12_CA

Your machine may be defaulting to your Intel video processing on your CPU rather than your nvidia GPU.

1. Open the nvidia Control Panel
  2. Click Manage 3D settings
  3. Click the Program Settings tab
  4. Click the Add button
  5. Select the game from the list or click browse and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Need for Speed Payback\NeedForSpeedPayback.exe
  6. Select NeedForSpeedPayback.exe and then Open
  7. Customise individual settings if you like
  8. Exit nvidia control panel and try playing.

Please try this and let us know how you get on. Thanks

barry.png
Message 7 of 42 (15,773 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Message 8 of 42 (15,761 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

This does not fix the problem.

I'm I the only finding all your games  unplayable because they are or politically correct  and unplayable, or buggy and unplayable, or even both?

Every year since 2014 is the same story the EA has become a very unprofessional company.  

I have the previous need for speed and this year the need for speed payback deluxe edition both are unplayable and crashing.

Message 9 of 42 (15,745 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

IVE FOUND A SOLUTION! So what I have been doing is when I'm in origin I "update game" and "repair" the game multiple times (once each before trying the game) then when I click on play and origin minimizes I click on another program or the background to have it not focus on the game; then when the game shows up as a little window on the top right of my screen I click on it and after 2 tries of doing that it has worked again! I'm not sure if this is going to work for you guys but I have found that It works for me. Let me know how it goes.

Also try combining those with restarting origin.

Message 10 of 42 (18,546 Views)